Finsbury Park Station Users Group - meeting tonight, FinFuture Building, 18:30

2»

Comments

• A quick little thank you to everyone who has shared news in this thread in particular - lots of really interesting / useful stuff that I would have otherwise missed. Thanks @Arkady especially for helping keep us informed.
  • @Arkady (and everyone) ... any updates on dates for the barriers at FP going live? Also, what happens with the spiral staircases - are these being barriered at the top or left open?
  • The gates are due to go live this month - including the as-yet-uninstalled Wells Terrace gate. I don't think a date has been specified yet, but I'd expect a week or two of notification first.<div><br></div><div>The spirals will be left open - there's no room for sufficient numbers of barriers, and it would create a 'double gate-line' problem. When the station gates go live there will be a big increase in the number of inspections on the spiral staircase. And in due course the National Rail entrance will be gated, removing the need for more barriers.</div>
  • edited January 2016
  • Has there been any modelling or projection of how the barriers will affect passenger throughput at peak times?  As much as I enjoy the prospect of fare-dodgers being stymied, I can't be the only person who thinks the gates will make the station an even more confrontive experience than it is already. 
  • Yes there has been modelling (I think using LEGION: http://www.legion.com/legion-software for any geeks).  One thing I think the modelling struggles to replicate is the bus arrivals - which is a bit of a worry at Finsbury Park and especially our entrance.  A full w3 and w7 arriving at the same time will almost certainly lead to delays getting through the gates.
  • Three or four buses can arrive pretty much simultaneously.  I'm assuming that the Wells Terrace entrance will still close in due course, thereby pushing everybody around Fonthill or under the bridge.  At least one of the gates at each exit will have to be reserved for people leaving.  It's going to be...interesting.