Nanny recommendations

Hi there, My family have just moved to Stroud Green and are looking for a nanny for our 1 and 3 year old. Any recommendations gratefully received! Thanks very much

Comments

• Just type nanny into the search bar...
  • Hi mutting, welcome to the area. Stroud Green and Harringayibrary has a board in the children's library which sometimes has ads for nannies (available and wanted). As well as SG.org, Harringay online is great for nanny recommendations and we found an excellent part time nanny a couple of years ago there. Childcare.co.uk is also very good.
  • <p>Our current Nanny will be available from mid-February. She's been great over the last 2 years with our now 5 year old but as we've just had another child and very young babies aren't really her thing she's moving on.</p><p>Let me know if you'd like details.</p>
  • Hi Fin,<div>I'm looking for a nanny share for an 8 yo (the other family has a 7 yo). If your recommended nanny is interested in just doing afternoons with school pick-ups, I can provide more information.</div>
  • edited December 2017
  • edited January 2016
    child minders generally use their own home; nannies use their employer's home 
  • What Verga said.<div><br></div><div>Also child minders are Ofsted -inspected and registered with the Council.  Not sure if this applies to nannies.</div>
  • Reading today that the employers of Nanny now have to make pension contributions on tehir behalf.
  • Nannies neither have to be formally registered nor inspected - it is essentially an employee/employer relationship.  Hence, national insurance and tax payable by the employer, the employer liable for pensions and for any maternity leave if applicable.  <div><br></div><div>Interestingly though, paying for a nanny is not tax deductible - so the money parents pay for their nannies has already been taxed.  This makes the marginal cost of going back to work and taking a nanny very high.  That is why for families with more than one child, it is a huge disincentive to go back to work - childminders are fine for all school aged kids, but generally when mothers are returning to work they have a mixed bunch of children. </div><div><br></div><div>Also, the employer has to source all their nanny's organic vegetables and sort out all their plumbing problems which is just more red tape and bureaucracy from the government </div>
  • We've got a fantastic nanny... But that's why we're keeping her to ourselves.<div><br></div><div>I'll ask her if she has any availability and direct her to this post :-)</div>