Construction Management Plan to use the Parkland Walk as access for heavy lorries

<p style="margin: 8px 0px; line-height: 1.7em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">The owner of 3 Francis Place Highgate has submitted a new Construction Management Plan in support of his intention to develop a small former railway cottage nestling in Parkland Walk.</p><p style="margin: 8px 0px; line-height: 1.7em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Despite covenants in the deeds to the property that should make this plan unimplementable, the owner is going ahead and hopes to undo many legal restrictions by entering into a licence agreement with Haringey Council.</p><p style="margin: 8px 0px; line-height: 1.7em; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">For more information on this and how you can object, please go to our website www.parkland-walk.org.uk/planning.html where you can view the Construction Management Plan, our objections, a copy of a letter of objection submitted by the former Conservation Officer for Haringey, David Bevan, and links to the Haringey Planning Portal where you can lodge an objection.</p>

Comments

• Outrageous! In many locations, developments should be seriously considered but this site is extremely sensitive being adjacent to the Parklnand Walk, near the bat colony in the old tunnels on a site which has covenants which are supposed to restrict any extension to the existing property - the new owners (hedge fund partners apparently) knew that whe they bought it so it is shameful they are trying this on and even more shameful of The Council to even consider the proposals - if successful this should be sent for judicial review.
  • I add that objected to the previous attempt last year and encourage others to do so too.
  • I looked at the proposals, I imagine they'll keep coming back with amendments until it's agreed, using wheelbarrows to cart away soil if necessary.<div><br></div><div>Not sure there's is a bat colony in those tunnels though.    The last audit said there were four bats in there.</div><div><br></div><div>On another point, I've noticed a real increase in vehicles generally in the Finsbury Park, at Alexandra Palace, Highgate Wood and Queens Wood which use the footpaths.   The dog bins are emptied through use of large vans, and there's a small van which regularly goes up and down the parkland walk.    In Highgate Wood, the park keepers all use vans to get around and there are loads of deliveries to the cafe.   In Finsbury Park, I might see up to 10 vehicles on the footpaths on any one walk.   I'm forever putting my dogs on and off the lead.  At Alexandra Palace a new tarmac path was laid last year, apparently for the purpose of wheelchairs and pushchairs, but it means large vans are now free to drive through the park more easily. </div><div><br></div><div>It seems to be much more of an issue in Haringey Parks than other boroughs I've noticed.    If Haringey are fine with large vehicles regularly using the footpaths in all of their parks I should think the Parkland Walk will be just the same.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div>
  • edited January 2018
  • Objection registered, though I imagine the 1% will get their way in the end as per bloody usual. 
  • Yes where are the local councillors on this? It seems our Labour councillors have shown no interest - I wonder why!
  • 4 bats are still 4 bats!
  • edited December 2017
  • How about a compromise? He's allowed a 6' by 6' by 4' basement extension, in which he's then interred forever. And nobody will miss the ludicrous oik.
  • Interesting tone from a multimillionaire who probably has funds in a tax haven and bought the home with the covenants he is now seeking to have overturned! The one I do agree with him is that the council should be ashamed of itself in ignoring its own rules - what are our councillors doing about it?
  • He either bought it knowing the restriction was in place in which case he is arrogant, or he didn't know the restriction was there in which case he is stupid.  Of course he could be stupid and arrogant, I'm sure such people couldn't possibly work in investment banking.