top celeb spot

Comments

• Nick Robinson of BBC politico-journo fame - possible sighting on the Parkland Walk, Dressed as <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: italic;">the Gruffalo</span> (a World Book Day thing perhaps?)<div><br><div><br></div></div>
  • I've seen Nick Robinson sledging in Finsbury Park when we had snow two years ago.
  • He must live in CE or MH. I spotted him in the Stapleton 3 or 4 years back looking a bit sheepish.
  • I thought he lived down towards Arsenal, I saw him in the Tesco Express by the stadium once. Although thinking about it logically that doesn't necessarily make sense, as I was in there too - and I don't live down near Arsenal.
  • Have just seen the spirit of James Joyce in @Papa L's last post. 
  • edited January 2018
  • <p>Ah, love Sean. He lives in Crouch End .</p><p>Saw Romola Garai on Hanley Rd the other day, and Angelina Jolie and Will Arnett were (separately) at my workplace a couple of weeks ago but it's Town so doesn't count.</p>
  • Saw Henning Wehn on Stroud Green Road yesterday (or maybe Friday).<div><br></div><div>From google I have learnt he lives in Crouch End.</div>
  • 7 weeks ago I bumped into Michael Rosen, in the Wells Terrace tunnel. I briefly taught at his children's primary school, 20 - 30 years ago. He remembered me! 5 - 10 mins chat ensued. My sort of person: a great educationist,  and a fan of Jeremy's.
  • He is brilliant. Met him several times through work, wonderful chap.
  • edited January 2018
  • I saw Michael Rosen waiting for a bus in Muswell Hill.
  • Yes, Joe. MR pops up several times a day on my FB, and is nearly always excellent,  as you say.
  • The chap (Detritus), was meandering across Wray Crescent today and found a cricket ball...and then he found Jeremy Corbyn, also wandering across. He asked Jeremy to pose with the ball for a photo and he was a good sport and did so, chap says he showed some form and has the grip of a spin bowler.
  • I'm sure the papers would buy the photo!
  • That's exactly what I said! No idea how one goes about that though.
  • I'd start by speaking to Koos Cuvee at the Islington Tribune, though the nationals might also have fun with it.
  • <p>I would hope that you would not let the nationals "have fun" with it.</p><p>He gets enough crap from that already without locals contributing to the nonsence.</p>
  • edited January 2018
  • <p>Yes, because no one ever makes fun of any other politician do they? </p><p>Detritus also has an excellent photo of JezzaC outside Morrisons in a Santa hat (he bumps into him frequently it seems), perhaps we'll bide our time and unleash that one for the festive season.</p>
  • edited April 2016
    <p>For what? I meant as well as not instead of...</p><p>And if we decide not to send the photo to Murdoch it will be conditional on you not making fun of any politician ever. Deal?</p>
  • <p>I would think that Mr D Digger has many more  interesting pictures of Mr Whippy than to be  that interested in pictures of JC.</p><p>I was really meaning that he was off duty and seemed to be game and that shouldn't be used</p>
  • I don't think you get to be off duty once you are the leader of a political party.<div><br></div><div>I like Corbyn, not a fan of his politics, but he seems a decent bloke - don't reckon he'd have any problems with a photo of him holding a cricket ball. I don't imagine Cameron would either though, I've heard he's a pretty reasonable person too - again regardless of what you think of his politics.</div><div><br></div><div>Loving the revival of celeb spot thread.</div>
  • I sat next to the Hobbit a couple of weeks ago at the bar in Banners, he is a bit small for a Hobbit as it happens.<br><br>Meeting Matt Smith in the Crown and Goose in Camden was my all time favourite, although my other half saw David Tennant in the Dentist once (cue exaggerated swoon) 
  • <p>Used to see David Tennant quite a lot coming out of Arabella Weir's house on Hornsey Rise.</p><p>I was at James Naughtie's book launch tonight, all manner of grandes fromages from all over the political spectrum - including The Chancellor of the Exchequer. </p>
  • MimsyMimsy Stroud Green
    <span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">one for David "I have no doubt that your children are extraordinary, but I don't want to hear anything about them."</span><div><span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Excellent idea!</span></div>
  • So far this week I've met PJ Harvey and Yoko Ono - both in Piccadilly, both work related.
  • Picadilly? Book launch?..... Waterstones?
  • Everyone knows I work for Waterstones, not on shop floor though. Yoko was just visiting to buy a ton of art books, she was mobbed by people wanting autographs. Funny as there are often very well known people just wandering about, shopping, and they don't get bothered at all. PJ was doing an event. Very quiet and pleasant.