Blue badge cheaters

If you have access to a blue (disability) parking badge, are you allowed to use it when the disabled person is not present?  For example, if you are driving your disabled mother's car?<div><br></div><div>I just saw two people in running gear park up at the bridge in Upper Tollington Park, put out their blue badge, and go for a jog along the Parkland Walk!</div>

Comments

• There is no rule saying you cannot go "jogging" with a disability badge in your car. Disabilities vary and have various impact on people
  • Check! If I was being mean I'd say 'I wish I had their disability' - but I won't be that mean and I won't wish that on myself.  Case closed.
  • however.... a blue Badge is defined as available <div>"<span style="font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(51, 0, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">If you have problems with walking or other mobility problems you may be able to get a Blue Badge to enable you to park your car near shops and other places you wish to visit"</span></div><div>and so potentially the ability to go for a jog would suggest they don't have the problems specified as qualifying you for a Blue Badge. It's not to say they may not have a disability, but a Blue Badge is for those with walking and mobility problems<span style="font-family: Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; color: rgb(51, 0, 51); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div>
  • What do you say to that then, Sutent?
  • edited December 2017
  • Blue badge fraud is a major issue. I think it has tightened up a bit but it is still pretty prevalent. <div><br></div><div>Used to see it all the time many years back when I worked in Luton - a particular hotspot for young lads pulling up in souped up motors, parking on double yellows and sauntering off.</div><div><br></div><div>Still see a fair bit of that round here too.</div><div><br></div><div>Albeit, if parking regulations weren't so over zealous, people wouldn't be encouraged to do it so much.</div><div><br></div><div>For example, why shouldn't you be able to park for a bit to use the Parkland Walk during the day?</div><div><br></div><div>A simple one or two hour restriction in the middle of the day is enough to deter the much-feared commuter.</div><div><br>Doesn't need to be 8.30am to 6.30pm six days a week.</div><div><br></div><div>That said, driving to go for a jog is a classic.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • I agree about the parking rules Papa. Parking in a reserved disabled space is the absolute pits though. Parking in Sainsbury and then legging it off for a jog.....