Mayor of London

So we have a new Mayor and change of colour.  People happy, sad or indifferent?<div><br></div><div>I wonder whether having a (first) South London mayor will make much difference.</div>

Comments

• It's a very exciting time in UK politics. 2 politicians from ordinary backgrounds gives me home to reduce the huge inequality in this country. Am very proud of Sadiq, especially to stand above the usual nasty Tory smearing. A very proud time to be a Muslim in the UK. PFA player of the year, NUS president and now London mayor.
  • edited May 2016
    It is indeed good to see Sadiq winning despite the nasty tactics of the Conservatives. I think he will be a good mayor if he is bold and is not undermined by the right wing media - I am expecting some continuing insults and so called exposes which are just more smears over the coming months. I do hope the Conservatives get there just deserts following the EU referendum - the last time a party went through this kind of schism, we got the Gang of Four and the rise of the SDP. bring it on!
  • Was actually more impressed by the new mayor of Bristol, who seemed very charismatic and passionate. New labour leader one day perhaps?
  • Find it amazing there hasn't been a muslim mayor in any (western) european city.
  • Rotterdam has a Muslim mayor.
  • edited January 2018
  • I voted for him. (I'm Jewish, by the way). I thought Goldsmith's tactics were revolting, whereas Khan seems like a decent man truly committed to equality and non-discrimination. <br>
  • He's made a good first impression at city hall I gather.