nourthfour.co

Looks like there is a new "Culture + Creativity + Lifestyle" online magazine centered around the N4 postcode. What does anyone think about http://www.northfour.co? <div><br></div><div>Personally, I think that every non-article on the site reads like a space-filler in one of the trashy inserts that falls out of the paper and into the bin. What's worse is, I think that they want it to sound like that. I don't think N4 is ready for a lifestyle magazine, yet. Please...</div>

Comments

• I've seen this, and actually been on it a few times to see if there's anything I'm missing in the area (though I've lived around Finsbury Park for four years, I didn't actually realise there was much up Stroud green road till 2 years ago!). It seems very "buzzfeed rejects", but maybe that's being a bit harsh. I've still read some of the articles with a bit of interest. I just imagine they're struggling for material / advertising money.... can't see it lasting too long, as I think it may just be a cv enhancer for whoever writes it. Can't get a job at buzzfeed? Create your own buzzfeed and then show it to them next time you interview!
  • MimsyMimsy Stroud Green
    very childish publication... sooo cute. Its cleverness is non-existant. something from the snap-chat mob...no depth...blegggh
  • Interested to see this is somehow related to The A Board Dude, who has done some great sign writing in the area http://theaboarddude.tumblr.com<div><br></div><div>The writing on north four? Not so great, sadly.</div>
  • edited May 2016
    Flyers for this today at the Gary Kemp thing. Overheard somebody say that it's funded by Davies and Davies? Which would make sense as that's where I've seen The A Board Dude's work. But I probably misheard as that sounds too bizarre.
  • <p>A Board Dude has been around for ages, he does all the Breakfast Club stuff too.</p>
  • Nice young bunch of people..yes they are upstairs from Davies and Davies and I am sure are funded by them..bigging up the area etc. I thought the writing was quite a bit better than might be expected and often pretty funny.  Oh and they interviewed me so perhaps not an entirely objective opinion ...
  • edited June 2016
    Is it a scheme to get more young people to move into the area?