New coffee place / beauty salon on Fonthill Road

In what used to be the estate agent, near Osteria Tufo. There are beauty rooms at the back (not yet open) and a small cafe at the front. Noticed it on my way to the station...Best of luck!

Comments

• I said hello the other day. They were very nice. I believe it's 25% off for beauty treatments once they start. I have to say though the shabby chic seating outside did make a cringe a bit.... But each to their own
  • I like the inventive palletcraft. I don't really know what their offering is though. The sign says beauty, coffee, art which is quite a broad offering. I'll have to nip in and ask.
  • Armchairs. Chess, and other games. V expensive, rather strong cappuccino. Remarkably cheap tea and homemade cake.Friendly hosts, from Ecuador, I think my informant told me. She liked the place. I must give it a try - especially as<div> bloody Gadz now has footie on all evening, all week.</div>
  • Mmmmm.... footie all evening, all week :o)
  • Good to be noticed ;) Good coffee to enjoy or take with you is there now,working on bringing some food options in.Beauty treatments will be available to public as soon as last bits of paperwork will get confirmed(many know how slow it can be , but we are on the latest stages).Any other ideas from local residents are welcome and we will try to make sure most will find something to enjoy.
  • I was tempted by the strong coffee mentioned above, now I've seen that avatar picture I'm coming in tomorrow!
  • Quick update/cry for a feedback : As we are on the way to bring in The Bread Factory products (their retail shop is Gail's in Crouch End), would be very important to know if you local guys want us to provide you with loafs of amazing bread from those guys?We can make it happen if there is a demand ;)
  • Bread. Yes please! Thanks for helping entertain my son the other day in the shop!
  • Be wary that the Deli at 80 and Blighty both sell "Bread by Bike" bread which is amazing (the classic one is anyway), and yet they still have to sell some at half price at the end of the day. As there isn't much margin on bread anyway it's worth taking into account....
  • Good morning,
    Thank you for an advice and warning.We are not hoping to run on bread sales, just had a thought that could make few neighbors happy by getting it added to our orders.As mentioned before, we are opened for suggestions on what local community needs and will do our best to bring it in ;)
  • edited July 2016
    I think if you want to offer a mish mash of stuff, have a look at Harringay Local Store up by green lanes, and compare with the Deli at 80 and see what isn't being supplied in the area. As an example, harringay local store sell records as well as food. Not my thing, but it's just an example.... As somewhere that provides beauty treatments, many of your customers will be women. Sorry to stereotype but I can imagine sweet things (brownies, cupcakes) going down better than bread (will go with the coffee too!). There's a place that supplies brownies not too far from you in the belgravia center. No idea what they're like but might be worth looking into.
  • edited December 2017
  • edited July 2016
    Because all women eat brownies and cupcakes and wear aprons and are full of glitter and fairydust *rolls eyes*.Sigh.
  • @missannie knew that was coming haha..... Crude? Yes. Untrue? Difficult to say. In my experience women have a sweeter tooth..... Though I guess this is just one of those statements which however you spin it looks bad on a forum *sigh*
  • Aside from the fact that cupcakes shriek hen party or office birthday, any self respecting beauty place will have a juice or smoothie bar not cupcakes.

I think I'll open a place doing male grooming and I'll just sell cans of Stella, The Sun and hammers.
  • @missannie No, but if you were to open a male grooming place that offered beer and sky sports it might be a shrewd business decision ;)

(There was a barber near my old place which did exactly that....)
  • There must be money in male grooming, places are springing up everywhere i look, bizarre maths for £8 haircuts but there you go.
  • Mate? Tres leches cake? More South American flavour in the neighbourhood, please!
  • The cost of a short back and sides seems to be going up everywhere. Vitor charges 17 quid now, sigh
  • Go to the Turkish barbers next to vagabond. Lovely 3 brothers who work there. 13 pounds for haircut.
  • I go to Rogers in Soho - 9 pounds for a dry haircut
  • 8 quid on l Hornsey Road, the old geezer has been cutting hair for 50 years, I suspect he may be blind.

£28 in crouch end.
  • Stay away from Blossom Hair - unbelievably poor service and terrible haircut. Capelli's in Crouch End is really good, but £25.
  • edited December 2017
  • I second Smart Design near Vagabond though forked out more at Vitor recently..... nobody noticed the difference