Atom Gallery closed

Rent too expensive. Gone to Stokey. Shame.

Comments

• Looks like Clapton Craft (beer shop) will be taking over the space: http://www.claptoncraft.co.uk/journal/2016/9/19/clapton-craft-finsbury-park-coming-soon We're delighted to announce that we have just signed a lease to open our fourth store on Stroud Green Road in Finsbury Park. Previously used as an art gallery, we instantly fell in love with the site's high ceilings, white-washed walls and great natural light and can't wait to turn it into another craft beer oasis. Like all our stores we'll be packing the shelves with the best beer we can get our hands on from London, UK, the US and Europe and filling growlers and bottles under pressure at our signature growler refill station. Fresh from wine research trips to Galicia, Portugal and South-West France over the Summer we'll also be massively upping our wine offering, focussing largely on producers that work in harmony with the land to produce wines that are natural, organic or biodynamic. There's plenty of work to be done but at this stage we hope to welcome you in sometime in November. In the meantime, keep up to date with our progress by following us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or sign up for our newsletter.
  • Maybe this will encourage Jack's to make their shop more... accessible.
  • i think each will happily co-exist with their own customer base and if I was Jack I'd keep it exactly as it is. Meanwhile I'm looking forward to a somewhat more interesting choice in Clapton Craft :smile:
  • Jacks has slowly changed from loads of foreign beers to loads more english craft beers anyway.
  • edited December 2017
  • Jacks is great, Clapton Craft is great - and I think there's enough physical distance between the two for them to get along fine. Clapton Craft's growler station is unique and great for bulk purchases, while Jack's range of spirits is pretty untouchable.

Also did anyone else notice that Jacks finally got rid of the graffiti the other week?!? The times they are a changing.
  • The outside of Jack's has definitely been smartened up over the last couple of weeks - perhaps pre-emptive re the opening of CC?
  • THEY HAVE A GROWLER STATION?
  • I liked the graffiti!
  • The growler station is their USP. I think they have 6 - 8 taps in their other shops.
  • There goes my liver.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
  • Opening Thursday: "We're delighted to announce that work on our new shop in Finsbury Park is almost complete and we can't wait to welcome you through the door at 77 Stroud Green Road from 1pm this Thursday 10th of November. All in all we'll have 10 taps filling growlers and bottles with beer, wine & cider and shelves packed with the best bottles and cans around from London, the UK, US and beyond. The new shop will also feature our biggest wine selection to date with a focus on producers that work in harmony with the land to make wines that are natural, organic or biodynamic. Last but not least we'll have plenty of small batch spirits including gin, rye, bourbon, whisky & mezcal."
  • They sell this stuff STONE ARROGANT BASTARD STRONG ALE 7.2% £15.00 for 1.89 litres Sounds dangerous