Aggressive person with learning difficulties on the W7

I was pushed around today as I got on the W7 bus by a very aggressive PWD (person with learning difficulties) in Crouch End. This lady was in the charge of carer from Islington council. She simply attacked me at the bus stop. OK, it was only a push, but it was a big one that had me flying backwards across the pavement and technically that is assault.....the woman was clearly highly aggressive and needed restraint - on the bus the carer asked me to remove my spectacles and apparently the patient has a habit of snatching at people’s ear rings too. She eventually had to be taken off the bus on Crouch Hill. Now I am trying not to be a Mr Grumpy about this, but how can this be acceptable? Supposing I had been an older person of 80 with a walking frame - I could have ended in hospital with a broken hip and that would have been curtains. I told the carer I had every sympathy with her, but how can this be right - this is underfunded care in the community. Presumably the cuts mean minibuses for these kind of patients have been withdrawn and so bus passengers have to be put at risk. My reaction reasonable? What do other people think? Should I make a fuss with Islington?

Comments

• Was it the same person who interrupted us in the pub the other day?
  • No. I am clearly a magnet.
  • Hopefully the carer reported it, but in case not, I think you definitely should. Hopefully they will then make some changes to this lady's care e.g. outings to places with fewer people, no public transport etc. I have every sympathy too, but she can't be allowed to attack people. And if she'd attacked someone with less self-restraint than you, she might have been on the receiving end of a retaliatory attack...