Airport Transfers

Does anyone have any recommendations for taxis doing airport transfers to Heathrow? We will also need two booster seats. I have been searching but so many have poor ratings and experiences! I don't want to be stuck with two children and luggage if they loose my booking etc.

Comments

• -noodles--noodles- stroud green road
    we have used express on hornsey road a few times to heathrow & have always been impressed. drivers arrive for pick up early / on time & use decent routes.
    not sure whereabouts in stroud green you are but we've paid £32.
    http://www.expresscarservice.co.uk/
    can't comment on booster seats i'm afraid.
  • I can thoroughly recommend our next door neighbour who has just taken a family member to Heathrow for £35. He is a fully registered and insured driver with a brand new top of the range dual fuel car (which he washes every day). I am not quite sure how he normally gets his customers or if he officially works through a firm (we just knock on the door), or whether this was a special price for us, but he's very reliable. Very Stroud Green. Can find all that out and DM you his number if you want.
  • edited May 2017
    @-noodles- We have used Express Cars twice before and had awful experiences with them, I really wouldn't recommend them hence why I'm asking for recommendations!

@krappyrubsnif definitely interested but can he provide booster seats?
  • I have used express cars many times. Very good eveytime I have used them
  • Probably will check today
  • I've used https://www.minicabit.com/ a few times.
    I've just selected the cheapest one and gone with them. No problems or issues.
  • @Ilovegreyhounds Sorry - he mostly does business / exec / celebish call outs and so doesn't have booster seats. I suppose you could take your own and recover them on return. Also you will probably need a seven seater with luggage etc, no? Sorry.
  • edited May 2017
    I use Express regularly and never had any problems. I have also booked them to pick me up from the airport. I have found the drivers consistently honest and reliable.
  • Thanks, I obviously pulled the short straw with them twice a year apart because our experience was really grim
  • We also use Express - have done for many years now - for both airport drop offs and pick ups. Never had a single problem with them, so would definitely recommend them. I'm sure they can provide boosters, although we've always just taken our own.
  • Yes, sounds like bad luck with express. They're at the end of the road so I use them fairly often for short hops, with no problem - and recently did a very early morning Luton airport run which was very smooth and easy. (And via fear of flying and Fela Kuti turned into an extended commentary on Nigerian politics ...)
  • I usually use https://www.cabubble.co.uk , they're useful also for non-airport transfers. (It's an aggregator, sorts by price)
  • I must admit I was also going to suggest Express on Hornsey Road, who I have used before and were good value with decent cars and drivers and on time.
  • edited December 2017
  • Hello!
    I'm wondering if anyone has any recent experience with Express on Horsney Road; have they improved or is everything getting worse? I'm looking for a Heathrow transfert for tomorrow and I might consider using them, if people are still satisfied with their service. Thank you!
  • They are my local company of choice. They’ve been reliable of late; the problems of a couple of years ago are history. There seem to have been some personnel changes in the office and are now much more organised.
  • Thanks poxy – I'm going to book my transfer then.
  • Never had any issues with Express really - we always use them for airport transfers.
  • edited April 2018
    Same here - have used Express for a very long time, never had any issues, drivers always polite and honest.
  • They text updates now as well.
  • Following your recommendations I booked a transfer with them – on time and efficient, would use them again. And good text messages updates as well
  • Express are absolutely fine in my experience
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    Just been let down by Express Car Service which I booked for a Heathrow pick up. Had to wait over 35 minutes at arrivals for the driver to show up. The annoying thing is that with a pickup they already have taken your money if you book via a card. Anyway, I will be trying another cab firm next time. Very frustrating after a long flight with a crazy tired toddler. Any recommendations?
  • Up until very recently I would have endorsed Capital Cars too...... however they have been bought out by an argumentative soul who is now the fat controller and who appears to have little idea of how to run a private hire cab business. Similar experience to #grenners in having to wait at Heathrow on a couple of occasions an unacceptable length of time. Then to find out that they have sub-contracted to other firms and given them duff info on ETA. I've started to use BigYellow Cars, on the Holloway Road, for Airport transfers - so far excellent service. A great shame about Capital Cars but since the take over the service is ropey.
  • Hillside Cars have always come through for me.
  • I’d like to put the final nail in capital cars’ coffin. If I’d read this thread beforehand, I’d ha e been saved a lot of grief but I’ve been very loyal to them over the years, didn’t realise there was a change of ownership, and was badly let down on a Stansted booking exactly as others have described. Sad to see this happen but I won’t use them again now.
  • I have used https://cabhit.com/ for cheap airport taxi quotes and booking.
  • First-time poster, keyword-heavy message with a link... A bit spammy?
  • HOW DARE YOU DOUBT THE MIGHTY BABYTAZZZZ

:smiley: