Calling private renters in Haringey to participate in academic research.

Hello everybody,

I am a postdoctoral researcher at University College London (and a Stroud Green resident) studying the private rented sector and the consequences of its growth on people’s feelings of security — or of making a home of their rented accommodation — and population mobility. I am looking for Haringey residents living in private rented accommodation who would be willing to talk to me about their experiences of renting privately (I have selected Haringey as a case study). The interviews will explore topics such as:

• People’s experiences of renting in London and their choices of areas and accommodation;
• Levels of satisfaction with rented accommodation;
• Tenancy agreements and relationships with landlords/letting agents;
• Activities in the neighbourhood;

If you are interested in taking part in my research, we can schedule an interview at a time and place that best suits you (e.g. a public place such as a café or library). Interviews are planned to last between 30 min to one hour and they will be recorded but all responses will be anonymised and our conversation will be kept confidential. I have also put together a website (www.haringeyrenterssurvey.co.uk) on which you can find more details of myself and my research, and fill out an online survey if you have 5 to 10 minutes to spare. I will be checking the forum but you can also contact me directly at info@haringeyrenterssurvey.co.uk.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Tatiana

Comments