New Farmers Market

2»

Comments

• _Bee_Bee Stroud Green Road
    Oh man! I thought the post said it was on Sundays. I was so excited to go and show support.
  • Anything more happening with this ?
  • This sounds like a great initiative, very excited already!

I'm going to risk insulting a few passionate parents here but please not St Aidans! Great school and very convenient for many no doubt. Hardly however a central location to help footfall and genuine inclusion of as many within Finsbury Park/Stroud Green as possible. The very best farmer's market are in amongst other shops and high street for a genuine community feel, or as close as possible. St Aidans just can't offer that as a location.

Either way the very best of luck!
  • edited August 2017
    Anyone knows whether the project is still happening?
    I was really excited about it!
  • Annie - funny! And yes, I would second WI cake, or any old fashioned cake that has a bit of icing on or in the middle. And cheese. And flowers. And fish. And bread - ideally with reasonable change from £5er. Activities for little kids would be nice - A Palace sometimes has puppet shows etc but I don't know who does them.
  • corrections - icing on top, or in the middle! Also cheese fish flowers etc not in or on cake ideally
  • How about the approach to Harringay station as a location?
  • I always thought it would be nice to have a market on Charteris road from the corner with Moray road to the Park tavern pub. It is pretty a pretty street and, well connected as quite in the middle of Stroud Green.
    That said people living there might think differently. Also, this pub isn't the most friendly at the moment...
  • edited August 2017
    Charteris Rd is a bit too narrow, perhaps? If they ever do pedestrianise the corner of SGR and Upper Tollington (over the road from Nando's), that might be viable. Good location too, actually being on SGR. Though it's still a small space, and I can imagine Tesco and Sainsbury pulling strings to prevent it.
  • The people in the Park Tavern are friendly, as is the landlord and his misses.
  • Hiya! It's good to see that there's still interest after all this time...the Market is DEFINITELY STARTING at 10 o'clock on 10th September at Stroud Green School (Perth Road side). I'm going to write a new post about it so do keep an eye out. All your suggestions will be even more welcome now so thank you very much for the help.
    See you soon! I'll write this evening...
    best wishes from Ed
  • Great! I'll be there :)