Bicycle service

Can anybody recommend a place that will service my bike. Doesn't have to be dirt cheap I just want a professional, knowledgeable job. I've had issues in the past with one local place who clearly weren't test riding and were missing out other services they promised. Another in Finchley was similar. I actually found Evans did the best job but apparently that's closed?

So if anyone can particularly recommend somewhere it would be much appreciated.

Comments

• edited June 2019
    I’ve found N4 bikes to be good. They’re at the Stapleton Hall Rd end of Ferme Pk Rd. Small independent. There’s also a good shop on Seven Sisters Road, less than 5mins walk from Finsbury Pk Tube, going towards Holloway (with the archetypal wizened ol’ geezer who can recognise the obscure nut you’ve brought in for replacement at twenty paces.)
  • I've used Lunar Cycles in Kentish Town - very good service, actually recommended me a (cheaper) service to meet my needs and knocked labour off some extra parts I needed.

I've also had good recommendations for K's Workshop near Archway.
  • edited June 2019
    Clever Mike (465B Hornsey Rd) are absolutely legend - couldn't do a better job on my all my family's bikes for the past few years
  • Good experiences with Finsbury Cycles on Seven Sisters Road.
  • I've used clever mike a couple of times. Pretty good.
  • Thanks for the feedback.
  • two wheels good in stoke newington are great.
  • just had my bike serviced by Badger Bikes who are a mobile bike service and they did a great job - http://www.badgerbikes.co.uk/
  • edited June 2019
    Finsbury Cycles are my favourite. There's often a bike man at Stroud Green Market on a Sunday too. Haven't used his services yet.
  • I'd like to add some praise for Finsbury Cycles, who today managed to fix an issue with my bike that had me completely at my wit's end/consider getting a new bike, and with which I was turned away by other bike shops (some of which are mentioned in this thread) .... and in the end only charged me for a 'small job', despite putting in several hours. Superstars, if you ask me.
  • Ah, yes. Finsbury Cycles was the one I was recommending on (185) Seven Sisters Rd.
  • Yes I recommend Finsbury cycles. Best work and very reasonable price. Gem of a cycle shop
  • I am happy with micycle at the bottom of Ferme Park/Stapleon Hall (opposite Londis)
  • i agree with @therattle - always find micycle very friendly, good quality, and fairly priced. they've been my goto for years now.
  • Yeah. I needed the quick-release for adjusting my saddle replaced. They charged me £2. And I got my son's bike from there for free. People donate old kid's bikes, and all one pays for is any work that needs doing (eg new brake cables and training wheels - at reasonable cost), and the bike is yours.
  • I'm not going to name them but one place recommended on here I've had issues with and have thus stopped using them. I went with Clever Mike in the end and found them to be everything I wanted: knowledgeable and actually bothered to test ride the bike.
  • depends on the bike, I think micycle are good if you've got an old bike thats for simple a to b's but if you have a higher spec, i'm not sure there's the finesse in there...IMO.
  • I just started using Clever Mike, after using someone else mentioned on here for a while, but finding they have gone down hill rapidly - heartily recommend Clever Mike, they are very good.
  • I called Clever Mike but they are so busy that there would be a 1-2 week wait, so I went back to micycle. It's a simple basic service that's required on a pretty standard bike, so I didn't think any particular finesse was needed, and they have always been friendly and helpful (and reasonably priced).
  • Just had my back wheel hub and gears service for £25. Nice young lad who did the work.