Mon-Wed 50%

2»

Comments

• @slats The Old Dairy is advertised on govt website as having applied for the Eat Out scheme - have I sniffed out something untoward?
  • There's a few round me that don't seem to exist...I'm wondering if they're business addresses? Also, some that definitely don't do eat in.
  • @rikki pretty sure if you're a chain there's a way of registering all venues at once, that's probably what happened to the OD.
  • Apparently the Old Dairy is owned and run by Greene King and that's a pretty massive chain....I wonder how many of its pubs are shut?
  • Who is owned by C K Assets Hong Kong. I wonder how they think their investmeent is going?
  • Message from Greene King........

Dear blah blah blah (me)

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can confirm that I have spoke with the Business Development Manager for the Old Dairy and he has advised that, whilst our current plan is to re-open the pub, we are not yet in a position to confirm when this will be.

Please be assured that we hate having any of our pubs closed and realise the effect this can have on our regulars and locals.

We encourage you to watch our social media pages as we will announce our re-opening date as soon as it is decided.

Once again, that you for taking the time to contact us.

Kind Regards

Michelle McGrath
    Guest Relations
    0344 8006605
  • A pub has a Business Development Manager? Who knew :)
  • Late in the day to find this out, but the official listing of local participating restaurants has been incomplete as well as misleading. Spent last night stuffing myself at Little Sardegna in Blackstock Road which turned out to be in the scheme, though unlisted. Excellent place by the way, apart from the dreaded peasant accordionist......proper artisan fare, reminiscent of Il Piccolo Diavolo in the good old days before it became just another boring pizza parlour.
  • @krappyrubsnif . To my knowledge, the menu for Il Piccolo Diavolo is roughly the same, so the main difference is the space. The old Crouch Hill address would have had maybe 6 tables, the new space has maybe 25-30. We should support their ambition to grow having been a retail survivor over the years. They did so well to get there. If you don't like the space, fair enough, but the food remains great and thats mainly why i go out for a meal. 500 on Holloway Road is excellent.
  • Max is a friend and I admire his hard work and style. I'll try it again. I preferred the ambience of the old place and last time I looked it seemed the 'artisanal home cooked' menu was much slimmed down with fewer options on the blackboard, but perhaps I'm wrong. I also had an unhappy experience at Christmas Lunch there last year (to do with company and table seating, nothing to do with the food or restaurant), which brings back unwelcome memories.....
  • I am just back from Scotland. All front of house staff in restaurants are wearing face masks, it was the same in Greece. In England face masks dont seem to be worn much so I guess there must be more risk for both the punter and the staff. I have never been sure about the 50% off promo on the back of the government (ie us). It took a Man U footballer for school kids who are on free school meals to get them as the governmnet carried out a uturn. The cost of the 50% thing I think is ten times that of feeding kids who need it! Something wrong about it all.
  • grennersgrenners Ferme Park Road, N4
    .........something wrong about a lot of this. The government needs to dial down the Project Fear and get people back to normal. There will be a lot more kids needing feeding when everyone has lost their jobs.
  • I notice that the White Lion dont seem to be taking customer details as asked by UK Government for track and trace purposes. The infection rate in Islington has gone up from 6 per 100k to 11 in the last week. In Haringey it is 15. English average is 7. Not sure if the Stapleton is doing what is asked by the Government?
  • I've been to pubs that do take them, pubs that don't and pubs that say it's optional.
  • Unfortunately it is not a legal requirement which it should be. It is to easy to hide behind GDPR etc. They have been asked to collect the info at either individual level or if your a group at group level they are supposed to destroy it after 21 days and only use it for Tract and Trace if asked
  • People seem to forget that there is still a Global Pandemic going on and when we get winter flu on top of could all get quite unpleasant. I would not be surprised if there is a shortage of flu vaccine and it gets rationed
  • Meant to say it is mandatory in Scotland to provide details No details no entry