Shooting?

edited July 2008 in Local discussion
Are those really bullet holes in the glass of the Old Dairy, the Crouch Hill side? Just walked past them today. Anyone know?

Comments

• edited 3:54PM
    I saw them and said the same thing! I doubt it though.
    On a similar theme - Park Road Pool was closed yesterday afternoon apparently because somoen pulled a gun in the lido. Six police cars in attendance. Don't know if ithis wa really the case or or if it was some kid with a plastic water pistol. Any news?
    I saw those bullet holes on Weds or thereabouts and came online to see if anyone had posted about them. It was just after lunch yet the pub was shut. Isn't it usually open all day? A quick assessment using skills honed from years of watching TV suggested that someone had been shooting from inside the pub outwards. and the pub being shut only confirmed it was a crime scene. But that night it was open so I started to doubt my own theory. BUT WHAT ELSE COULD THEY BE? Someone making a rhetorical point while gesturing with a sharp drinking straw? Someone with bionic eyes glancing across at the Larrik?

As for the lido, that is very scary. But then again, if they had been trying to use the lockers and had lost 20p or got a wristband that didn't match their locker number, and if the guard wouldn't help because he couldn't leave his station... y'know, it can drive a person to desperate action.
  • edited July 2008
    I walked home from Finsbury Park tube station to half-way up Crouch Hill on Wednesday (or was it Thursday?) and I counted eleven broken windows, all on the left hand side of SGR / Crouch Hill of my journey. From memory, Stefan Alexander, Christopher Charles and The Dairy all had at least one broken window. I really doubt they're bullet holes.
  • edited July 2008
    Dear Tinker, The Old Dairy was closed on Wednesday afternoon because, sadly, The Old Dairy is now always closed on weekday afternoons. It used to be open in the afternoon, as did Chapter One. Now only Wetherspoons and the Fullback are open. Hey ho. Apologies, but I can't recall if the Larrick is still open because I never use it.
    <i>A quick assessment using skills honed from years of watching TV suggested that someone had been shooting from inside the pub outwards. and the pub being shut only confirmed it was a crime scene.</i>

Closer inspection of the holes in the windows of The Old Dairy show that the holes were caused by being hit from the outside. Your theory is shot down in flames.
    Did a slug make the holes? (also, if I had to smash windows on my way up SGR, my list would be quite similar)
    Stefan Alexander - such a strange shop.
    The launderette window was smashed too (assuming it's part of the same CRIME SPREE and not just part of their renovations) - the entire sheet of glass been propped up against the outside of the building for a few days waiting for an hilarious Chuckle Brothers slapstick moment to occur.
  • About four years ago on Crouch Hill there was a spontaneous “riot” that broke out opposite the fried chicken place next door to The Old Dairy. A bunch of about 25 youths with their dogs and girlfriends appeared and raided the chicken place, smashing stuff and hurting a guy that worked there. Then they dispersed very quickly. It was scary. But I was amused by one of the gang members who got the bus up Crouch Hill shouting, “Keep it ghetto!” Then the police arrived. It was over so quick. Never seen anything like it since. I’ve seen drunks weaving up in that direction falling into windows before. Maybe it was a very BIG drunk?
    Last year we looked at a flat in that area, close to the chicken place. The chicken place was shut due to an arson attack the day before.

that put us off the flat.
  • Then there was the time all those zombies started running round, tipping cars over and trashing the pizza place… Or was that something else? <http://www.worstpreviews.com/images/photos/28weekslater/28weekslater1.gif>; Nothing changes.
  • LizLiz
    edited July 2008
    @ krappyrubsnif - I was at Park Road pools today and there was a lot of security in evidence (guards on the doors and inside the pool itself). And a massive queue for the lido (halfway down the road). And two stand up fights in the indoor pool. Maybe it's the weather that's making everyone crazy...
    I've been spending too much time watching the Wire - they're not bullet holes, apparently they were done with a hammer by what must have been a very angry bloke on a smash-up rampage (the Noble, funeral directors, Christopher Charles and others all affected) last Sunday.
    I've just been to the park road gym and as i walked in, there were police arriving to visit the lido

On a more cheery note, I had a chat with the people who run the dive club there. Very tempted to do some dry suit diving, which i've never done before. (Diving, as a rule, is something i prefer to do in hot countries).