Robbery in Granville Rd ?

edited September 2008 in Local discussion
I just got back from walking the dog, when approaching the park at the junction of Stapleton and Granvill around 11 pm heard a female voice crying out up past the church. Seconds later a guy ran down past the church at full pelt carring what looked like a females handbag . He looked a bit startled at seeing me, appearing ajitated , running even faster onto Stapleton towards Ferm Park.

I walked up Granvill incase anyone was laying injured but could not see/ hear anything ( though did not venture into the spinny to check)

Hope it was just coincidence and my over active imagination :( ?

Comments

• edited September 2008
    I hope not too.

'The suspect is described as being a black man about 30 years old, slim to medium build with a bad complexion'.

The description fits ,though the guy i saw either had a bad complexion or stubble, and was wearing a dark beanie hat, baggy jeans and a casual light bomber type jacket, white boot type trainers.
  • edited September 2008
  • edited 11:54PM
    I had not TC , this article is the first news i have seen of there definitely been an incident on Granville . I think i could only be 50% sure of identifying him again, it is very unfortunate i was not a minute earlier.
    Your description sounded really good to me and 50% is very good indeed!

I was mugged at knifepoint and physically attacked several years ago and it was the most horrific experience ever.

Even though I came face to face with my attacker i could only remember around 10% - I would have been very grateful for someone to have given the police some more information. Who knows what the police needs to know, it could make a difference.
    I think you should speak to the police. Bridget is right, and if they get enough 50%s then they can make a whole one (it takes two I think). It really could make a difference.
    I am really sorry to hear that Bridget and do understand. I have been attacked too though it was many years ago , why i had to go check the other night to make sure no one was needing help, and now make a conscious effort to get the best description i can if suspicious.

I have informed crime stoppers online of what i saw and passed on the description.

Sure hope they catch this guy soon if they have not already.
    Crikey Toddlesocks you too. Sorry about that too.

Thanks.

Great, hopefully it all helps - you never know and they might catch him soon. Must have been horrible hearing that the other night - we had one on our street and they caught him which is reassuring.

Fingers crossed!