bird's eye views

edited October 2008 in Local discussion
Enter your postcode into www.aboutmyplace.co.uk and click on "__Bird's Eye View__ is available here" to see your house or road from the North, South, East or West. The aerial photos used are much newer than those on Google Earth. _Note_: these views only work in __Internet Explorer__, not when using the Opera browser (not sure about Firefox). Only "Road" or "Aerial" views are available if the browser isn't supported.

Comments

• edited 5:02PM
    hi wisteria53 - do you work for this company?
  • edited October 2008
    Oh no! Has wisteria53 provoked the rare 'lizziej' moderator response?
    Indeed. new member, logs on to site, promotes website with strangely generic language (and browser preferences!) and makes sure to put the words 'stroud green' in the title for maximum seach engine bonus points. It's a big nasty world out there tosscat, full of 'viral marketing agencies' that go round forums creating identities and posts that say "look at this, it's great" so their clients will get more traffic and higher search engine ratings. And once those agencies know your forum can be spammed like that, then they will back next time and next time and fill your site with crap. So I've brought out the lizziej defence. Of course, I might be wrong, but if I am then w53 will log in and let me know.
    Sorry! I didn't think the website was either selling something or controversial.... I just like maps. Will introduce myself on new kids discussion....
    Hello - thanks for logging in! Not controversial at all. I'm just paranoid about these marketing agencies after a conversation with one of them and how they work.
    tosscat is going to love this...
    I love everything on sg.org!
    multimap and some small company called microsoft have been doing these bird eye views for a while now. nice to look at but interesting inconsitencies between summer/winter when you pan round your house from n/s/e/w...
    I have bad deja vu