US Election

Comments

• edited 10:12PM
    is everyone watching bbc by the way? 7 of us now!
    Pennsylvania goes Democrat. You can all go to bed, Obama is going to win this at a canter. Well over 300 electoral college votes.
  • edited November 2008
    woo, obama way ahead now (64 to 16). when do you reckon the vote rigging kicks in?
    mccain hasn't got enough brothers to fix enough states.
  • @wisteria53 - If you pay US taxes, then fair enough. You should vote. I make less than the threshold, so I don't pay American taxes. The way things are going, I can't see myself going above the threshold anytime soon.

How would having British citizenship jeopardise your American one? I have both, and it hasn't been a problem.

The thing with American expats having to pay US tax is a bit annoying, but from what I understand, it's only really a problem if you pay a lower rate here than you would in the States.
    only 200 to go!!
  • Shall we have a countdown?
    none of you expat bastards pay for this server. freeriding on this goddamn english server. but i will forgive everything if barack sticks this.
    andy loves US politics. He'd have this whole site devoted to US elections if he could. seriously. This website is currently sponsored by gin, tonic and lamb chops! go obama. 167!!
    Legging it around various sites, Florida looking good for Obama and possibly Indiana. No idea why the BBC keep going back to that bloody woman in New York - "so who would David Brent vote for?" Arrggghhhh!
    sorry, 167 to go!
    We can call this as a win now. Don't want to break the tension, but the charming chap with the sticky-out ears has nailed this.
    On CNN they are allegedly using holograms. Yes, holograms.
    @ glynn - lol!! that woman is soooo annoying! Reminds me of token blonde republican on the west wing but even more irritating!! (will apologise for exclamation marks now - see earlier sponsor info.)
    we can't get CNN cos somebody hit the sky satellite dish with a broom! Sorry for sp. error Glyn!
    shit. obama takes orlando (orange county) 60/40 - this is landslide territory.
    shhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! shiiiiit! (a la clay davis/bunk)
    yea jeremy vine is pants. watching him struggle with technology and say things like "no, there's nothing going on here" is just sad.

holograms???
  • unaesthetic is watching the bbc in the other room. i'm still trying to get some work done, but it's hard when i'm compulsively checking the news sites every 30 seconds.

i can't stand the election coverage. they manage to find the most educationally subnormal people to interview from both sides. these people shouldn't be allowed to drive cars, much less vote. yet the bbc presents them as token americans. there are plenty of intelligent democrats and republicans out there, but they don't make for good television.
    he is struggling, isn't he. JON SNOW - WHERE ARE YOU? Not that we can get Channel 4 either. I hate hitchens!
    Yay for Elizabeth Dole losing her Senate seat! She put out possibly the most disgusting ad of the campaign, accusing her opponent of taking money from "godless" people. Proper mental.
    @ r-c - tis true. have to say BBC seems to have dumbed down somewhat for this election coverage. Has everyone gone on holiday/been fired? Although, imagine the intelligent democrats/republican are on the American telly, rather than brit. telly.
    This may be the first time I have ever seen Christopher Hitchens sober.
    Fucking hell i love america.
    for you or him?
    sorry, last post @ glyn - clearly andy and I not watching each other's posts, although sitting next to each other!
    Hitchens chucked out of the studio? He's the drinker, I'm currently just being powered by Diet Coke.
    david dimbleby has no sense of humour at all - i'm all for the neutrality of the BBC but does it have to be so bloody dull?
  • can i just ask why no one on the bbc can pronounce obama's first name properly? it's not something that's open to interpretation. it's not 'barrack', it's 'barack'. that's how he says it. that's how his wife says it. that's good enough for me, but, apparently, not for the bbc pronunciation guide.
    the guest churn does seem to be somewhat high. Where are they going?