Shop on the corner of SGR and Woodstock

edited January 2009 in Local discussion
i was in there last night and apparently they're going 24-hour! they've knocked through into what used to be the kebab shop (they're currently hiding the hole with the beer fridges), and are going to be expanding into fresh fruit and veg and the like.

i neglected to ask if they'll also sell booze 24 hours as well. but since i stopped working nights that's become less of a concern for me. although it may up the nocturnal fuckwit count some...

Comments

• edited 5:52PM
    YAY. That's great - I did wonder what was going on in there. I might go and ask them if they can start selling better bread
  • Didn't they try selling vegetables once before? I vaguely remember piles of rotting produce outside that shop. Maybe three years ago? Maybe five? The last seven years are all a bit of a blur.

Anyway, what makes them think that the stuff will sell in 2009? I'm not knocking their initiative. Just curious. I'd love for that shop to stay open 24/7, but mainly for the chocolate and the booze. That's about as far as I'm willing to walk for a Bounty bar at 2am.
  • edited 5:52PM
    o yea, i'd forgotten about that. hope they get it right this time.

24-hour booze on the doorstep may be dangerous though... :D