Dotori Review

edited February 2009 in Reviews
Finally finally made it to Dotori this lunchtime.

I was greeted by a friendly woman and it was fairly busy. She sat me down, showed me the menu and then a small salad arrived which was a nice touch.

The menu seemed great and looks like you'd never get bored going back as there is so much to choose from.

I ordered way too much food for one person - Miso soup, age dashi tofu, salmon sashimi, steam rice, avo maki, green tea...and probably two other bits which I've forgotten!

It was perfect. The service was great, food fresh, staff lovely.

And then I got the bill. A tenner?! I thought i'd easily spent £20. So it's very reasonable too. As I was leaving the chef stopped me and gave me a pear cut into a shape which i thought was lovely especially as I've not eaten a pear in years.

My only gripe was that my feet were cold. But as things go Dotori is fantastic I can't wait to go back.

Comments

• There is another thread already full of reviews....it's good to get somewhere so good and different locally - though if we all like it so much we may struggle to get tables in the future!
    I've been a few times and every time it's ace, love it! I can't remember what they are called but there are various dishes served on sizzlers where you wrap the meat up yourself in a lettuce leaf along with various sauces, they taste fab and are a great sharing dish.
    Very good price wise, I took a mate called "Sumo" who as you can imagine ain't the smallest of fellas - we stuffed ourselves and had a few Asahis too for under £40!
  • edited 6:40AM
    predicaments are you a veggie? i love agedashi tofu! we usually get it from hana though.

we've only got dotori food once (takeaway) and i thought it wasn't bad at all, although rainbow_carnage was less impressed. i reckon if it's that good value for money it can only be a good thing! and it's good to have a bit of cuisine diversity in the area! the thing i had - i forget its name, but it was a sour/spicy dish - was quite unlike anything i've had anywhere else, never mind locally.
    Sushi lovers in W1, there is a new-ish place on Shaftesbury Ave, Yoshino, which does amazing takeaway sushi - and it's really really cheap. [Yoshino](http://www.yoshino.net/delica/index.html "link Yoshino")
  • Isn't Yoshino the same people who operated the takeaway sushi place at the Japan Centre?
    Yes, it is. It's expanded from its basement to a new area at street level.