Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Nutters asking for money

edited February 2009 in Local discussion
Evening.

A few months' ago some woman rang my bell. She looked presentable enough. I went downstairs and she then proceeded to give me a cock and bull story about how she had lost her money or something and needed £10 to get home. I smelled a rat and refused. I then heard from someone that she'd been doing this for years.

Tonight a similar thing happened. This quite posh bloke (Although he did look a bit dishevelled) came up to me all flustered (Although I did think it a bit put on) saying 'are you local?'. Being quite proud of living in N4 I said, 'yes'. He then told me he was a 'psychiatrist' and that he worked for the 'Samaritans' but he'd been mugged and only had 'this mobile phone'. He showed me a pink motorola flip which looked about 100 years old and wasn't even switched on. He then asked me for £5 to get home. I could keep his phone he said as a guarantee.

I said no sorry mate and then heard him say the same thing to someone else in the street but this time he was a teacher or something!

Has anyone seen this odd man or woman?

Comments