Homeless shelter?

Does anyone know of a homeless shelter (hostel?) in the area?

I have four brand new pillows that are still in their packaging. Debenhams accidentally sent the same order twice. I contacted them, but they never bothered to pick them up. We don't need them, so I thought I'd give them to someone who does.

I found a cold-weather hostel on Tollington. I contacted them, but they never got back to me. Are there any others nearby? The pillows are bulky. I don't want to drag them on the tube to central London.

I guess I could always take them to a charity shop.

Comments

• edited 12:21PM
    Likewise I have a decent Sony Stereo (CD, Tape, record etc) that I want to give away to a youth club, theater group, general charity or something if anyone knows a worth cause.

Charity shops tend not to like electrical and although can go on freecycle, I'd rather it go to a decent cause.
  • RegReg
    edited 12:21PM
    Try Freecycle on t'interweb.
  • edited 12:21PM
    I might be wrong, but there's a section at the Islington recycling centre on Hornsey St (behind Holloway Rd tube) which is for random stuff - furniture etc - which can be used again. I'm sure it's distributed to various charities to use, and from I have this vague recollection that bedding stuff goes to a homeless shelter. It should say something on Islington's website. Will try and find the link.