helicopter

edited April 2009 in Local discussion
ooh, a huge gurt red helicopter just landed in the basketball courts in fp!!! now there are people in orange jumpsuits milling around. i'm too far away to see anything clearly, but it did have the Virgin logo on the side... is the Great Beardy One himself in our park?!

Comments

• edited April 2009
    <a href="hhttp://www.londonsairambulance.com/">The air ambulance service is sponsored by Virgin</a>
  • edited 7:20PM
    wow, didn't know that!

now a large section of the grass area between the basketball courts and the tennis courts has been roped off with police tape. the drama mounts...
    I heard a whirly bird flying over yesterday evening around the time BA should have been flying over - I'm convinced it was him.
    I'm sure I read that Branson sponsors the air ambulance as a kind of psychic penance for having been fished out of the Atlantic on a number of occasions.
    ooooooooooooh *twitches curtains* any idea what happened?
    Yes, definately the air ambulance. I once saw it land at the Stroud Green Rd junction with Tollington Pk.
    But did anyone see the two chinook helicopters hovering over the park on saturday evening? After flying back and forth they were joined by two big people carrier types. After watching TV the next day I now know the the two people carrier ones belong to Obama. One he flies in, the other is a decoy. They must have been having a whirlwind (get it?) tour prior to this weeks events.
    all those military copters on saturday were freaking me the hell out! they went back and forth a good number of times.

you can quite frequently see single chinooks (or other twin-prop helicopters, i dunno how you tell the difference) going by in the skies over finsbo, but not as many as on saturday...
    ok so now 4 helicopters and 2 chinooks just flew over in formation.

it wouldn't have been obama on saturday, he only arrived on tuesday and he's probably still at the g20 thing in docklands right now...
    i think they are going to pick him up.
    ...and bring him to the Dairy?
    surely he came in on air force 1?
  • edited April 2009
    Only as far as Stansted but apparently <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7973274.stm">he bought his chopper with him too</a> ...

... in which case, where did Marine One land in central London?
    In the grounds of th US embassy - they're huge.
    Bringing your own helicopter is cheaper than the Stansted Express.
    I found myself dreaming of this thread! Yes, dreaming of the sg.org website! I'm sure there was a helicopter overhead this morning (sunday) really early and I couldnt' be arsed to get up and see if it was Obama, Branson, Royalty, Police etc, then found I was dreaming about a full sighting report here... any curtain twitchers with information for me?
    About 6am? It was a police helicopter hovering over Hornsey Road/Seven Sisters Road way. Seemed to be there far longer than needed and altogether quite annoying.