Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Top Posters

Sparsholt Road

edited April 2009 in Local discussion
Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to the site, but I've been lurking for a while. Great site - I log on every day even though officially I'm not a stroud greener. Yet.

My boyfriend and I have been looking to buy a flat in the SG area for a few months. We thought we'd finally settled on one on Sparsholt Road and popped into the the Noble to decide on what price to offer. However, what the barman said has made us slightly nervous. We asked about the road, and he kind of ummed and aahed before mentioning that a lot of police cars go up and down the street and that there are often a lot of young ruffians around.

I live on Blackstock Road at the moment and have enjoyed living there so I'm not scared off by a busy or noisy road. Is Sparsholt a decent road in comparison to the rest of SG? Any particular probs we should be aware of or have we been scared off for no reason?

All opinions welcome. Thanks!
Cassie

PS - Pappagone. No question.

Comments

• edited 6:32PM
    Sparsholt is a bit noisier/scruffier than others, but i can't imagine it's worse than Blackstock.
  • IanIan
    edited April 2009
    DIfficult one for the Noble bloke isn't it - after all he would be right in there if after a few weeks you had some problems with young scallywags and you wanted to go in and punch him on the nose for not warning you.

I lived on the Blackstock Road and got used to being lulled to sleep by the sound of screaming sirens. Can't imagine Sparsholt is that bad. Plus it has a great pub on it with very honest bar staff :)