WKD

edited April 2009 in Local discussion
A quick search on here leads me to believe there was previously a place called WKD on Ferme Park Road.

Sitting outside The Noble last night I saw signs in the former Rose Restaurant which say it will soon be re-opening as a bar/cafe/gallery/whatever called WKD.

Are the two connected? If, so what can we expect?

Yet more evidence that the cr***t cr**ch has failed to hit Stroud Green?

Comments

• edited 4:41PM
    The first WKD was a great bar that opened right by Camden Town Sainsburys almost 20 years ago. The second incarnation was in the triangle site. The latest one, is owned and managed by the same guy who is now a celebrated--some might say notorious--local entrepreneur. I've heard that he plans a NYC style boho bar with acoustic music at weekends. Food plans weren't settled when my mole spoke to him.
  • edited April 2009
    Wow. Didn't know the original WKD in Camden was anything to do with it. I loved that place. Sometimes the Soul was a little too smooth and sickly for me, but other nights were a riot. It wasn't really a place I'd travel to but lived just opposite for a good few years.
    I had one of the most dizzying nights out at Camden WKD almost 10 years ago. Such a good story, I pull it out at all the embarrassing story telling sessions. Names changed, to protect the guilty (not me)
    Does anyone know when it will be opening and if they have any outdoor space (like a garden out back)?

I'm hunting for a potential birthday location for the end of May..
    Local or further afield?
    Hello, I fancy local but am open to suggestions too. Somewhere with a garden/balcony is the main criteria. I usually just go to The Noble and sit outside but fancy a change this year and potentially something more like a proper party and less like just going down the pub. Any ideas would be very welcome!
    The Carpenter's Arms in Fitzrovia (5 mins from Warren Street) will be perfect - we have had a number of gatherings in the upstairs bar where there is a big terrace. Time Out gives it just 2 stars for some reason, but go and check it out.
    oh good, i knew i could count on you for a bit of wkd info. i also attended the camden version a few times. are you sure the 2 are linked? anyway, always up for nosing around a new place.

seems like after so many closures, things are starting to open again - the new bookshop in crouch end and the tile place where chrysos (?) used to be. things are looking up.
    i live opposite the new 'WKD' closer inspection at the notice on the door says that stands for 'wisdom, knowledge, destiny'....

they seem to have lots of plans, I'll have a proper check at what it says and get back to you!
    it does all look quite exciting. looking forward to it opening.

it reminds me of a sort of scruffy place you'd find in a more studenty/touristy town, like Brighton or Oxford