Harringey: Officially the least racist and least anti-European English constituency

LizLiz
edited June 2009 in Local discussion
Based on the European election results, anyway. The Guardian has a helpful sortable table of all the results here (which is having more of an impact on my productivity today than Bob Crow): <http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/table/2009/jun/09/european-elections-elections-2009>;

Comments

• edited 4:04PM
    Can the Guardian change their headline to 'How Badly did Labour Do Where You Live?'

The BNP are irrelevant. The continued 'please vote Big Party so the extremists don't get in' stance from certain quarters of the press seems to miss the fact that Big Parties have a great deal of responsibility for pushing voters away. I suppose the scent of blood on Brown has faded so they need a new angle.
    I was horrified that when I went to vote, somebody had written Anti Islam in big letters on the polling booth desk. Vile.
    The BNP are not irrelevant. They now get a ton of money thrown at them from geting MEP seats. Money they can use to really set themselves up.
    on the upside: if they're in receipt of public money they'll have to become an equal opportunities employer. arf arf.