karmenz and council contact

edited June 2009 in Local discussion
Could someone put up the number for the noise people at the council in case Karmenz decide to continue their shindig until the early hours. If a few of us contact the council it may help towards solving the problem that is Karmenz.

Comments

• edited 11:53PM
    But the campaign of fist-shaking and heavy tutting was doing so well.
    We may have to resort to... Eye-rolling!
  • AliAli
    edited 11:53PM
    sounds like something is happening at Karmez quite noisy shouting being heard from the Albert Rd side
    Are they allowed their doors open in the day? There's not even been anyone in there but they insist on blasting their fucking bass lines at me. I'm trying to work and it's driving me insane.

I tried phoning them but their phone number doesn't work. Can I call the council on them in the day? Of course, I'm not going over there in person because well... er
    Fuck them. Idiots
    They're supposed to have their windows and doors closed.... Incidentally, what's with the rebranding as K1??
  • edited July 2009
    I must be blind, i've never even seen (let alone heard) this place..
  • AliAli
    Red doors near to The Home Shop. It used to be a really good Moroccan Restaurant but the owner had to have triple by pass and give up
    I used to like that Moroccan place. Always partial to a good tagine.
    It was great - the lamb tagine with egg was always a winner.
    We saw Yamina about a year ago and she looked fine - was it her that had the bypass? She said she had moved to Marrakesh. If anyone has her address please whisper.
    On a similar note, who is familiar with the utter, utter bastard that comes by at night times usually screaming the song from the Godfather or other drunk words in a thick rastafarian accent, pissed off his fucking face and sitting in the bus shelter outside Woody's? He usually stays there for hours. He was out last night
    Someone was doing what sounded like heavy-duty hammering in the backs/gardens areas between SGR and Regina Road last night, I could really have done without that and I didn't even have to get up for work today so I pity anyone who did.
    Hehehehehehe. "Heavy-duty hammering". Hehehehehe. ![pic](http://images.art.com/images/products/large/10220000/10220517.jpg)
    That picture reminds me of the weekend I just spent in Scotland with two 14 year olds. (Shudder).
    There are words to the godfather theme?
  • I live above K1 as it's now renamed. I had Karmen call me begging to not call the council on her. This is after having had a noice monitor put in back in September which I found out she has access to override. It's all a big joke. You have to call the out of office hours at the council for anything to be done, no point in getting angry and doing nothing.
  • I also have the out of hours number on speed dial: 020 8348 3148 and you can call them whatever time about the noise, if it's after 2am she's breaking her abatement order/licence and if it's before it's still noise pollution. Haringey are the second worst council in the country for noise pollution, oddly after Kensington and Chelsea (who host the Notting Hill Carnival)...
    KI/Karmenz license was suspended until Jan 25th 2010 by Haringey Licensing Commitee. Anyone with complaints about noise, public nuisance etc can write to Barrett Daliah Barrett the Licensing Lead Officer, Daliah.Barrett@haringey.gov.uk
    [ however Haringey policy is to give names of complainants to licensee of bar/restaurant ! crazy but there you go, Islington keep names private btw]
    The same owner has opened that grotty bar on corner of Japan Crescent which is starting to cause probs. for residents there.
  • AliAli
  • IanIan
    Ali, It goes into a fund administered by a part of the Ministry of Justice who distibute it in grants to organisations that work to help victims of crime.
    The only way to stop this is to continue to contact Haringey Council unfortunately. Karmen now sublets the restaurant to a guy called Patrick. Nice man who is trying harder to keep the noise to a minimum and not beyond 2am on Fridays and Saturdays.
    I agree it's ridiculous that they allow the names of complainants to be made public.
    Fines don't stop them, only removal of licenses or a change to it might do that.
    Can someone tell me just how bad the music is if you don't live directly next to the venue? I am thinking of moving but if you can still here it badly doors away then I might need to think about moving further! SGR has too many late night bars, I wonder if someone is getting a back hander in the licensing dept?
    I live on SGR and almost always have my windows open, and I've never noticed a problem. Admittedly my room faces away from the road, but still, if the area were really Party Central I'm sure I'd hear the odd bit of bass, instead of just foxes and the cars on Hanley Road.
    Thanks ADGS, although I wonder how many doors down you are? Still, I hope the place will stick to loud music only Fri/Sat and not till Ridiculous O'Clock!
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I was away this weekend so thankfully missed it. Of course I can't be away every weekend. We shall see....
    @northlondonlass

See direct phone number and e-mail at the council below - given your 'unique' position above premises I'm sure they'd like to hear from you on a weekly basis. [ @ADGS your flat must be in a microclimate where the wind blows the other way - or perhaps your off your head in K1 most of the time]

Subletting is just a tactic this place uses every time it gets pulled up by the council as the license is granted to specific name[s] and the previous manager was going to have her license revoked. The 'new' manager has a clean slate and claims they were not responsible for previous probs. This happened when it was Yaminas and Karmenz now as K1s Straight after their fine a new licensee name is above the door to avoid license being revoked. The actual owner is a serial offender who ran Triangle/WKD on Ferme Park, and Yamina's, Karmens,K1 and the place on corner of Japan Crescent. They are and have all been a nuisance to neighbours. I think his name is Danny and I know he lives on Victoria Terrace off Upper Tollington in a brightly coloured house on the left and has used his Mum and his girlfriends name as licensee in the past to avoid closure. I have no problem supplying this detail as Haringey saw fit to give him my name, address and home number - since when he has put letters through my door more than once and anyone else that complained suggesting we meet as he knows how to' solve' the problem.
    He also lets property abroad - so perhaps this has worked at town hall with foreign holiday/brown envelopes? The thing about K1 is it's obvious that the priority is to to sell late drink - and food is just an afterthought - when their license was suspended over Christmas until early Feb. they did nothing to promote the 'restaurant' - yet Jai Krishna has operated for over 30 years with out a license bring your own booze it can be done! - but K1 wants to be a late joint for underage drinkers from outside SG. btw Islington do not give details of complainants so mangers at Larrik and Old Dairy have never called me or offered an inducement to stop complaining. As for K1 just shut it down and stop the real owner from running licensed premises. It was always a mess with that stupid exploitative platform in the window to create six oreight more seats donwstairs and it's outward opening front door.

Call or e-mail this person everytime you have a problem and keep your own record of incidents.

020 8348 3148 out-of-hours complaints
    Daliah.Barrett@haringey.gov.uk