the Florence Road map conspiracy

edited June 2009 in Local discussion
does anyone know who to talk to to get maps corrected? If you look to the "in the area" box on the right you will notice that Woodstock Rd apparently runs all the way through to Upper Tollington Park...except it doesn't...the last one-way bit is actually the start of Florence Road.
It's wrong on Google maps, TomTom maps, on the CPZ maps up in haringey parking......
sorry to rant but it drives me nuts as I spend my life re-directing friends and mini-cabs to where my house actually is...I just have no idea how to ever get it corrected. Ideas anyone?

Comments

• edited June 2009
    Where does Florence actually start? From Oxford Road? I can't stop map badness but I can at least remove the incorrectly labelled 'Woodstock Road' in the icon. There.
  • edited 6:42PM
    florence starts when woodstock meets tollington. or woodstock starts when florence meets tollington. either way, the bit in between oxford road and upper tollington park is still woodstock road.
    Are you sure? There's definitely a road sign saying Florence somewhere south of Tollington. Just can't think where.
  • edited June 2009
    It is Florence Road - just checked on google map street view - the roadsign is there for all to see. It starts at Oxford Road.
    i stand corrected if a little territorial - what use could florence road possibly have for that little bit of what clearly should be woodstock road?
  • AliAli
    edited 6:42PM
    seems as if Florence Rd has had a people smuggler in it's midst

http://www.haringeyindependent.co.uk/news/4453563.Manor_House_Tube_used_by_Turkish_gangs_to_plot_smugglings/?ref=mr
    he looks like a part of the more formally recognised florence road to me.
    thank you for sorting the "map badness" on the site. I've just got the whole of google maps and tomtom to sort now...
    helen, just contact the council and get them to put the woodstock road signs where they rightfully should be!
    They will also have to change the numbering of all the Florence Road houses on Florence Road south of Tollington. Anyway, Victoria Road crosses Stapleton Hall Road before it turns into Mount Pleasant and no one complains about that.
    Ok, where does SGR finish and Crouch Hill start?

The Budget Supermarket (between Riley's Emporium and the old Meat Masters butchers) is on Stroud Green Road according to an inscription in the brickwork between the second and third storey windows.
  • edited June 2009
    The majority of digital mapping services source their data from either TeleAtlas (e.g. Google Maps, TomTom) or Navteq (e.g. Microsoft, Garmin). So, rather than contacting each service individually, just report the error directly to them: TeleAtlas <http://mapfeedback.teleatlas.com/mapfeedback/index.php>; Navteq <http://mapreporter.navteq.com/dur-web-external/>;
    I'm claiming this thread as a band name
    Phantom - you are awesome. I have now updated the errors and look forward to reclaiming no.s 1 -13 Florence Road from Woodstock Road interlopers

obviously I will also expect naming rights for the band too

Poxy...in my new found spirit of reclaiming rightful names for roads I think its time to reclaim SGR from southern most crouch-enders. An end to Crouch Hill interloping, lets claim WKD as a SGR establishment
    Noble too I say, or is that a Sparsholt too far?
    phantom, I am a very dangerous keyboarder.
  • RegReg
    edited 6:42PM
    @phantom, I have no musical skill, aptitude or ability whatsoever. In fact I have very little rhythm. Nonetheless I would like to put myself forward to be a Bez type character in TFRMC. Buoyyyyy.