Walks by train from Finsbury Park

edited November 2009 in Local discussion
I'd like to go for a walk and I thought about going somewhere from Finsbury park on the train - does anyone know anywhere nice you can get to fairly easily? Say half an hour on the train?

I'm just about to try and persuade National Rail web-site to tell me this information, but thought I would turn to trusty SG forum first.

I love the parkland walk and the heath but I'd like to go somewhere else too...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited 5:56PM
    Trent Park? Epping Forest?
    If you love Parkland Walk, I guess you've gone round Queen's Wood and Highgate Wood too? I mention them only because first time I walked round those too I was surprised just how long walks you can make as if you are in the middle of the countryside in them both.
    You could also get on the overland at Crouch Hill and go to Kew/Richmond, via Gospel Oak. Might take longer than 30 minutes, more like an hour, though.

And have you done any of the Capital Ring? (Never use this as a chat-up line). The section from Highgate to Stoke Newington takes in the Parkland Walk, so you've done that, but the Stoke Newington to Hackney Wick bit is interesting, though more of an urban ramble than grassy. You might also follow the route of the New River Walk, from Highbury through the back roads to Angel.