VENEZIA,LAPORCHETA,FIREZZA,LUPA,PAPGONE, WHICH ONE PROVIDE A GOOD PIZZA IN THE AREA

Comments

• edited 7:54PM
    Has anyone actually met 'Medi'?

Does he/she actually exist?

Are you for real, Medi? :-)
  • I know very little Italian but here goes...

Medi, cazzo stai facendo?

state facendo un minchio di voi!

Give it a rest on this subject Medi....

Interesting stuff above about languages, I speak Spanish and Catalan that come from Latin, but have loads of Arabic references due to the long occupation and I also found it very easy to pick up French as so many similar words.
  • That's some damn fine SEOing, Medi. Most copywriters struggle to fit so many keywords into a single paragraph. But I guess when you don't care about readability or, ya know, basic grammar, the task gets a little easier. And misspelling the name of your competitors, that's just genius. We tried their pizza a while back. It was oily and flavourless. Thought about giving them one more go just because they deliver, but this has put me off entirely. How bad must it be that the manager (owner?) has to shill to get business through the door?
    If they make real Neapolitan pizza, why is it called Venezia and not Napoli? Just a thought like.
    I know SEO sometimes uses mis-spellings too, just to pick up lazy typists, but doesn't it generally help to have the correct spelling in first? It's not like it's just the competitors, even 'pizzeria' is done wrong.

As for what a 'Venezia dose' could be, I don't want to speculate.
    To cover all bases of this thread: I'm with la Porchetta mainly, although the refusal to paint, fill in the chunks where the plaster has fallen off the wall and cover those breeze blocks from the old entrance to the back room is getting beyond a joke. Will dabble with Pappagone for the atmosphere and nicer surroundings. Had a takeway pizza from Venezia a few months back, having not had one since just after it opened. It was actually very good. I'm intrigued by Medi's tactics. There's a thin line between genius and madness, I'm not sure which side his ball bounces off. And I can't speak much Italian but cover my tracks by putting an o on the end of French words.
    Medi, if you are genuinely SEO-ing (there must be a bettter verb than that to use: suggestions?) then surely you should either:

a. SEO your own website

b. SEO-spam other sites, but (here's the clever bit) include as a link

c. failing that, SEO-spam a site or page that is actually complimentary about your shop / service / produce. That way, when google picks up your deliberate prose, it might actually direct people to somewhere you would prefer them to go?
    What's the pizza place that does a Kermit's Nightmare somewhere in N4? We ordered in from them a couple of weeks back, and it was probably the freshest dough we've ever had for a take-away. I'll be able to find it in our stacks of leadlets at home, but the name currently escapes me.
    @benny: a similar process but in reverse can be seen with Maltese - a language decendent from Arabic, with an Arabic grammar, but with over half of the vocab derived from Latin languages (mainly Sardinian and Italian) and written in Latin script. Similarly Swahili - a Bantu language with a largely Arabic or Arabised vocabulary (which since standardisation is also written in the Latin script!). It reflects the process of a subject population adopting the vocab of their occupying elite. there are obvious parallels with the formation of modern English, though our grammar changed more radically.

On topic: I like Pappagone, but the waiters were a touch more friendly with my missus than I was comfortable with.

Arky
    @actionverb: [kermit's nightmare](http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:9Ymx765O-f0J:thegiantmenu.co.uk/downloads/recket_pizza_haringey_menu_n44au.pdf+"kermit's+nightmare"+pizza&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a) at rocket pizza, number 30, crouch hill. i can't say i would have gone there without a recommendation. i had to look it up because i was imagining some kind of frogs' leg pizza, but it turns out it's just a miss piggy massacre.
    Venezia is by far the best wood fired pizza in LONDON....this is no joke. Recommend them to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!

the delivery was early!
    Food: Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.
    Service: Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.
    Recommend: Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.

Overall: Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.Score: 5.00 out of 5.
    Quality
    Deliverytime
    Service

Giannicola from London
    Date: 25/01/2010
    I am Italian and I know what a pizza is. This is the properly way to make a pizza. This pizza is the best. A bit expensive but worth it. Thank you.
    “Finsbury Park?” is the response I inevitably get when I tell someone about the best place to have a pizza in town - better even than Soho’s Spaccanapoli, my previous favourite.

This place also scores highly for wine at £10 per bottle - you can eat like a king (share the risotto, it’s vast) for less than £20 per head inclusive.

Owner and staff are charming and friendly; committed to quality and a nice atmosphere. They deliver as far as the City; you won’t find better quality there so find a park bench if you’re in the square mile and get a delivery to that.
    I agree Spaccanapoli is very good. Top of Dean Street near Oxford St. Worth a visit.
    Venezia does nice garlic pizza bread.
    Spaccanapoli is no more. Closed to make way for Crossrail
    I am prepared to give Venezia a try. I just don't like being shouted at. Any takers?
    I might have given it a go one day, but would now actively militate against any suggestion a friend made of a trip there, simply because of Medi's cack-handed spamming.
    is any body knows what happend to venezia?
  • AliAli
    edited 7:54PM
    They did provide a lot of Pizza for free to the SG SChool international evening last week which I thought was pretty good of them !
    RECENTLY VENEZIA CHANGED THE DECORATION INSIDE, AND NOW JUST THEY USE TEA LIGHTS TO LIGHT THE RESTAURANT(:NICE AND COZY
  • ALL YOUR PIZZA BASE ARE BELONG TO US!
  • IS GREAT THING, NOW YOU DONT SEE WHAT EATS
    LIGHTS NEW BUT CAPS LOCK STILL BROKEN SORRY
  • IanIan
    edited 7:54PM
    Probably won't be that nice and cosy what with all that shouting going on...
    I went past and just assumed there'd been a power cut, especially given the hole in the pavement alongside.
    ye i noticed that,but it was some kind of electric problem which they sort it out(:
    medi? Please try to be happy.