New restaurants near Finsbury Park

RNMRNM
edited February 2010 in Local discussion
Hello!

I went this weekend to a new restaurant in Highbury Park, Juniper Dining (www.juniperdining.co.uk), which was really lovely and quite different from the other restaurants about FP. Just wondered if anyone else had been there and had a good experience?

I think it only opened in November and I took my in-laws there as my father-in-law is terrified of anything "spicy" (haha) so doesn't like our normal haunts of Petek and so on. This was Modern British and we got a little amuse bouche of broccoli and stilton soup and everything we had was delicious.

Has anyone else got any reviews of this place? And what about Garufa (which is almost next door) - I've never been and would like to know if it lives up to its promise of genuine Argentinean fare....

Comments

• Hi RNM,

I've been to Juniper and I loved it, very nice indeed. I had the pistachio encrusted rack of lamb and the ham hock terrine to start - really was very good!

I hear what you are saying about this bringing a nice bit of variety to the area, makes a nice change from pizza, kebaby food, curry or Chinese. I've been a few times and will keep going back. Fer those wanting to try it, head to the website and download a 10% off voucher available on there.

You should search on this site for reviews of Garufa - it's excellent - if you are around weekday daytime they do excellent lunch promos and also something on Sundays too. I love the steak, but I go back again and again for the Morcilla sausage...which is so good!
  • edited 9:26AM
    The Morchilla sausage is great, only had a tiny bit as part of the Sunday breakfast (which was great). So great then.
  • edited 9:26AM
    Went to juniper last night, the food and wine were superb, service friendly but they need to work on the ambience a bit i.e. turn the lights down! £15 for two courses is pretty good too..

8/10 will go back