Car boot sale

RegReg
edited April 2010 in Local discussion
We have a load of stuff to shift and are thinking about taking it to a car boot sale. Have heard there is one in Holloway opposite the Odeon(?). Has anyone been, and if you are a seasoned go-er, how does it compare with others?

Comments

• edited 6:42AM
    Not been to that one.

There is a newish one at the school (can't remember the name) on Hornsey road, just down from the old Hornsey Road Baths and Laundry.

Been meaning to go for a while. It's on every Sunday.

Maybe easier to get a pitch at this one.
    I go to the Holloway Road one most weeks.

Once you get past all the stolen bikes and dvd players and the illegal card gamers at the Seven Sisters Rd entrance it's quite good, I've picked up some treasure there quite a few times. There is usually a good stall selling 1930's - 50's china and a great gift shop type stall. It's all a bit hit and miss but worth checking out.

Never had a stall at that one but it is nearly always heaving with potential punters so it's worth a try, I think it's an early start though.
  • RegReg
    edited 6:42AM
    Well, we went to the Holloway Car Boot this weekend. It is wrong to refer to it as a 'car boot' as it is definitely more a market. If you want cheap clothes or random bits of phones and computers this is the place. If not, there isn't much there (VHS collections aside). One or two interesting stalls but they all look like regular Del-boys to me... Having said all that, we'll be going back as there's some good people watching to be had. We won't be selling there though as the punters all looked too worldly to pay the kind of money I want to get for my old crap.
    Holloway Road car boot is awful... Been a couple of times in the past but would never go back.
    There is a decent carboot in Bounds GReen which is not too far... It is on a Sunday morning in the courtyard of the school.
    Quite a few good sellers and loads of plastic ikea junk as ususal but I somehow always seem to find something nice...
  • edited April 2010
    This is from this week's Time Out, sorry I'm not au fait with how to post links properly - good old cut and paste should do the trick.
    http://www.timeout.com/london/shopping/features/1786/Top_ten_car_boot_sales_around_London.html
    Marvellous!
  • RegReg
    edited May 2010
    Thanks to Miss Annie and others. We took up Time Out's recommendation of the one up in Hatfield (A1, then A1(M) - about 25 mins). Went yesterday and between the rain and hail showers managed to take £200 for what can only be described as detritus. I was surprised to see how popular wires are (phone chargers, computer leads etc). Struggled with crockery. Good laugh though, would do it again.
  • edited October 2011
    is the Montem car boot sale still going?
  • Don't know but I'm not doing my stall any more - had to move out of SG