Power?

edited May 2010 in Local discussion
Anyone else experiencing a powercut this morning?

Comments

• edited 4:50AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Tell me about it Misscara. Woke up late for work (no alarm) and freezing cold shower and had to shave in the dark. And then forgot no hairdryer to dry my hair. I look FAB this morning :(
    Presumably this is connected to the fact that the Virgin cable internet is also out until 12-30?
    Yes, us too (Upper Tollington Park). Seemed to be ok by the end of the road/SGR though.
    We too had a powercut on Stroud Green Road this morning but it came back about an hour ago. I almost wish it hadn't as I'd finally picked up a book...
  • LizLiz
    edited 4:50AM
    I'm in Scarborough Road - it's back on now. Having to boil water in a saucepan for tea with a massive hangover is just not on.
    I'm presuming you have gas Liz? Not only did I have to face the outside world with wet hair, I also had no coffee...
  • LizLiz
    Yes, I was very grateful to have a gas hob this morning, and no pressing need to leave the house. Your morning sounds less than joyful.
    Don't know whether we had one. I only got up an hour ago. I find that mornings can be rather hazardous.
  • JemJem
    Phew! thank goodness it's back on. Had to leave for work this morning when powercut hit. My washing was halfway through the cycle. Wondering what I'd find when I got home tonight. That's the second time this week it's gone off - what's going on?
    Yup. Power cut was a bit of a drama. Not helped by kids continually opening the fridge to get out apple juice, milk, etc. Still, came back quickly. Anyone know what caused it?
  • LizLiz
    I rang my electricity company but wasn't in the best of states this morning so my recollections are a bit hazy. Something about a network problem and re-routing round the bit that had gone wrong to get the power back on.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.