Laser hair removal - any recommendations?

LizLiz
edited July 2010 in General chat
Not completely sure if this is appropriate fare for sg.org but....anyone ever had laser hair removal? Looking online, it's all a bit big scary clinic territory so recommendations would be very welcome. North or central London would be good.

Comments

• edited 1:33PM
    amused that ranting about parking tickets is probably my only other post, but have to help out. Try Renew Medica. Muswell Hill. Very professional and did lots of reading before i went in and they got good reviews. not cheap - not sure it ever is - but good. take 2 paracetemol before you go in!
    I haven't had it done in this country but will need a top-up soon... My colleague recommended the Royal Free to me... £80-something for underarms which might not be the cheapest that could be found in London, but will probably be with a good, up-to-date laser.

Agree with the analgesic suggestion; it feels like being spanked with fire.
    I been to the Royal Free laser clinic for treatment for Melasma. They are quite good. I think their health and safety protocols are a bit higher than high street places. I asked if they could laser off some big freckles and they refused saying I was too tanned and it would burn. Other places have agreed to do it no problem. I haven't risked it though. You may have the same issue with laser hair removal, most clinics will get you to sign a disclaimer saying you've not been in the sun for six months and don't have a tan, even if they see you do have one. £80 is quite a lot. You can get £50 for a whole leg in Beauty Works in Crouch End. I think the technology is quite old now, not sure if you need a bang up to date laser. I like going to the Royal Free though, rather give the money to a hospital than a high st chain.