rehersal rooms (for band)

edited August 2010 in Local discussion
Hello,

Does anyone know of any rehearsal rooms in the area or surrounding areas? There used to be Sweet Georgia Browns on Hornsey Road but it seems to have closed down.

Comments

• edited 11:37AM
    Think you might struggle for one very close, but I'm pretty sure there's a rehearsal room on Camden road, though have never used it. Zed I think.
    Thanks godzilla, we have used that one before and it isn't bad. I realise it is a bit of a long shot but was hoping there might be a hidden gem somewhere a bit closer.
    <a href="http://www.audiounderground.co.uk/">Audio Underground, Stoke Newington</a>

I was also vaguely aware of the pub/venue The Others in stoke newington as having a rehearsal room too but can't find anything online.

Dunno how serious you are, but when the band I was in struggled for space and a reasonable price, we rented a unit at Cable Street Studios in Limehouse and soundproofed it ourselves. We sublet it to friends' bands and it paid for itself in a few months. Is a bit of a project, but if you can find something similar, an industrial unit or something, and you have even minimal joinery skills, it can take all the hassle out of being in a band. Just an idea. Good luck.
    Prior to my last band falling apart we used to use the Islington Arts Factory sometimes. The drum kits were a bit ropey but on the plus side each room had a piano (really useful for the three chord punk we were playing). <http://www.islingtonartsfactory.org/facilities/music-studios/>;
    I heard that a rehearsal room was being built in the Ossian Mews (Ossian Road near Ferme Park Road) - don't know if it is finished or available, but might be worth checking out?
  • LizLiz
    edited 11:37AM
    There's definitely a band that is based or practices in Ossian Mews. Not sure how you'd find out though - maybe ask in Londis as I think they have the same landlords?
  • edited August 2010
    These are practice rooms which we use and may be of use?

Down Sounds - Arnos Grove All gear included £30 for 3 hour slots

Box 5 - Near Royal Free Hospital small and compact but cheap and cheerful cant remember the price

Panic - Park Royal a bit further away pretty professional but reasonably priced

They are all about a tenner an hour and Box 5 have a small recording set up aswell - please google for details.
    Thanks everyone - these suggestions are great and I will get Googling.