Local handy man - Small Damp Proofing Job

edited August 2010 in Local discussion
.............any ideas/recommendations?

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere or is in teh wrong section.

I have a small bit of damp proofing work that needs doing and would be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited 5:53AM
    if you ask me, there' no such thing as a "small damp-proofing job". I used Kenwood, one of the big firms as I didn't want to screw around with this job. Its held up so far (6 yrs hence), although be prepared to have your plaster torn off, up to 2 meters high and replastered to a different thickness, so you'll then have to re-floor/carpet etc.
    hi N4 matt were is the damp showing though is it basement ground floor ect ect first have a look to see the outside wall it might be rain coming in first and not rising damp could be bad pointing could be gutter over flow ,if ground floor could be damage render skirting outside blown could be a few things get back to me before you you start phoning damp company sam the man
    Hey Sam,

It's a lower ground floor flat and occurs only where the stairs go above my flat to the entrance to the main building, perhaps not damp just water coming in through the outside stairs, although I imagine a small amount of replastering and sealing outside may be required. You know anyone who can take a look at it?
    give me a ring and i have a look at it for you are the stairs ash-felted 07940775651