Primary School teachers

edited September 2010 in Local discussion
Hi
I am applying for a primary pgce this year and need a couple of weeks experience in a school. I was hoping that if there are any teachers on this site they might be willing to help get even a couple of days as so far contacting schools direct doesn't seem to be working. I have a CRB check from the Girl Guides and am a leader in the local Brownie group.
Thanks
Jo

Comments

• edited 1:17PM
    Hi Temeraire,

My sister-in-law works at Coldfall in Muswell Hill. Shall I ask her if they'd be willing to offer you a bit of work experience?

When I did my (secondary) teacher training we were obliged to find a 2 week placement at a primary school before the training term began. I found it really easy to find a place just by asking in a letter. But that was in Battersea. And it was back in the mid 90s. The class gold fish was called James Pond!
    James Pond was a computer game, also in the mid-90s.
    And there was me thinking a bunch of 7 year olds dreamt it up all by themselves...
    The sequel, Robocod, was far superior to the original.
    Robocod! Christ, that brings back memories. I rediscovered Dungeon Keeper recently. Brilliant game. Beware! The lord of the land approaches! Ah, memories.
    Hi missisclack
    If you could ask her that would be great. The issue is that there are lots of people trying to get experience plus student teachers and NQTs and schools can't fit us all in.
    Thanks