MSN: How to get rid of

valval
edited October 2010 in Local discussion
I innocently installed Windows Live when invited to, but MSN came with it and has taken over my home page, which was Google. It also has blocked my access to this website via my Favourites button. Lots of people seem to be having this problem, according to the web, but even though I have uninstalled Windows Live, MSN has stayed, an uninvited guest, and is really annoying me with its rubbish content and animation. Has anyone found a way of getting rid of it? In case you haven't guessed, I'm not very clever with technology, so would welcome simple instructions!!

Comments

• edited 12:57PM
    download this <http://www.getfirefox.net/>; and use it as your browser instead of internet explorer.
  • edited 12:57PM
    I googled 'remove MSN' and followed the instructions carefully. It did involve messing around with the registry though, which is risky. Regardless, get Firefox as Andy suggests.
  • valval
    edited 12:57PM
    Andy and Arkady:

Thanks for your suggestions. Luckily, someone sorted it for me. For the benefit of anyone else with same problem, this is what she did:
    1. Click Tools
    2. Click Internet Options
    3. Delete MSN (which had replaced Google without my knowledge)
    4. Type in Google
    5. Click OK
  • valval
    edited 12:57PM
    Andy and Arkady:

Thanks for your suggestions. Luckily, someone sorted it for me. For the benefit of anyone else with same problem, this is what she did:
    1. Click Tools
    2. Click Internet Options
    3. Delete MSN (which had replaced Google without my knowledge)
    4. Type in Google
    5. Click OK