Vintage Market, Crouch End, Saturday 12 February

edited February 2011 in Local discussion
It's the far side of Crouch End but might be worth checking out, the W7 stops nearby. FIRST EVENT: SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12th 2011 St Mary's Parish Hall Cranley Gardens / Park Road Crouch End N10 3AH 10-5pm <http://northlondonvintagemarket.blogspot.com/>;

Comments

• edited 4:12PM
    There are a lot of these kinds of things springing up locally. I highly recommend Barboot too. It's organised by the Haberdashery cafe and has spread to about five venues in Crouch End now. First Friday of every month and if you like vintage clobber, bric a brac and general tat you'll love it. They have music, booze and other entertainment too, it's great fun.
    I went to the market today and LOVED it. Thanks so much for posting, I would never have known about it otherwise.
    I went as well. It was pretty good but very crowded - the hall is quite small. Perhaps they can expand into the car park in better weather.
    Yes, thanks for posting. I went too. Really enjoyed it and there were some lovely things, but agree it was a bit too crowded.
    I went too. Again thanks for posting as it spurred me on to join this site (as opposed to my lurking over the last few months)

I thought it was great actually, handpicked enough to not be a jumble sale, not overly styled to become expensive and obnoxious.

Bought a really nice set of plates for a tenner and really cute pinny for £6.

Also had a lovely black forest gateau cupcake. I was hungover to hell so would have been gutted if it had been rubbish but was actually worth getting out of bed for!
  • Hello!

I'm one of the organisers of North London Vintage Market and was really happy to read that you enjoyed it and also thought it worth the journey from N4! Thanks very much for coming and supporting our first event - we were astounded to have over 800 people through the doors!

In terms of the amount of people - we were of course very happy that we had such an amazing turnout, but agree that it might have been slightly cosy at times! If anybody has any ideas of larger venues in North London, it would be great to hear so we could think about expanding at some point in future.

We didn't do a great deal of flyering/postering in the Stroud Green area this time round but think we might focus more on it for the next market - does anybody have any tips of good shops/pubs/newsagents that might be frequented by a captive audience?

I don't know the area too well but would love to hear any tips on how to best reach residents there.

Anyway, our next market will be on Saturday April 2nd, really hope you can make it down! We'll be bringing some great quality traders from Spitalfields Antique and Vintage market as well as some brilliant sellers from the local area too - we aim for it to be a one stop shop for all kinds of vintage items for your home and wardrobe so you don't have to travel out of North London!

Our website is http://www.northlondonvintagemarket.co.uk or you can follow us on Twitter @NLvintagemarket.

Any queries or feedback very welcome! aliwinstanley@gmail.com

Thanks again for your support and hope to see you on the 2nd!

Ali