Spring!

edited February 2011 in Local discussion
Did anyone else notice yesterday: - a change in the air - the bit of sunshine at lunchtime that was actually warm - some birdsong at dusk (and a bit more this morning)? Any other signs of spring in N4 yet? (Obviously not today's weather.)

Comments

• edited 1:47PM
    Daffs and crocuses out in Christ the King playground. And a wood pigeon cooing. Hurrah!
    Yesterday did not feel very spring-like at all, but today looks lovely. I should possibly get up and go out to appreciate it.
    Our downstairs neighbours had a massive party on Friday night, which is usually a pretty reliable sign of spring kicking off. Talking of Friday night, anyone else saw the Counterfeit Beatles at the World's End? Pretty sure I spotted Arkady there throughout the evening.
    Yes I was there. Shamefully drunk by the end of it. Where were you stood? I was there with the fellah I used to play harmonica for – including on that same stage – and it made me nostalgic for those days. I thought the Counterfeit’s were spot-on. The 50s rockers were excellent too. I had made use of one of the upstairs rooms to store some of my kit. When I went upstairs to retrieve it the by-now semi-naked ‘Beatles’ were up there getting changed, still bantering in their faux-Scouse accents (they are from Walthamstow). It was very surreal. A
    Spring for me begins when the great tits start. 'Teacher,teacher' is how their call is usually rendered, by the RSPB and co. Have heard the odd one, but they never stop, once spring is really here. Can't wait.
    *choke* Oh, I see.
    Are you choking over the possible other meaning of 'great tits', Arkady? Oh dear. Bird lovers are always bumping into that one. Just wait until one of us starts on about shags!
    Today felt practically summery.
    I was off sick today and used the afternoon for a short walk to homebase and got my window boxes sorted out. There's no way back now.
    @checkski - I'm afraid so. I apologise unreservedly. I read the first line of your post and instantly assumed you were talking about the gradual unpeeling of layers as the weather improves.
    A moment referred to by some of my friends as the day when the Bosom Fairy waves her magic wand.

Further to birdwatching innuendo, I am told that the distinctive way a bird moves, which can often be recognised at a greater distance than its plumage, is known as its 'jizz'. However, I am fairly certain the twitcher in question was just winding me up.
    I'm afraid they weren't, ADGS!

Jizz: 'the characteristic features which distinguish a bird, animal or plant from other species which resemble it'.

Enough!
    Him indoors told me EIGHTEEN years ago that the collective name for a group of coots was 'a fart of coots'. I believed this, and have shared the information many times over the years. Finally, about 3 years ago, when he heard me telling my dad, he 'fessed up that it was all a nonsense