And the winner of the largest marrow from an N4 postcode is......

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    @Roy It's not as unbelievable as you make it sound. Not Misscara's but... <http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/deborahsparks/product/hand_knitted_cakes_and_tarts>;
  • edited 5:20AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Is it just marrows, or will there be other vegetable categories? I need to know so I can get sowing this weekend in order to win. I MUST win.
    Giant marrows are possibly a bit restrictive especially for those of us with not enough garden space to accomodate a 93 kilo giant marrow?

I think it should be giant fruit and veg of any description? And special prizes for ones that look like rude things?
  • AliAli
    edited 5:20AM
    Longest carrot ?, don’t need much space for that
  • edited April 2011
    Afternoon crop pickers. Glad to see the competitiveness of SG already starting to shine through!...and thanks to the Stapleton for agreeing to be the venue.... My view (as i tell my girlfriend) is that size doesn't matter, and that its quality not quantity. So, while we should defo have categories for the largest, there should also be for best presented too. I also think that a "lookalike" category might be good, allowing for vegtables that look like Jesus, David Cameron, Jordan etc to be recognised. The genital category should happen either in an official or unofficial capacity. To confirm Largest (compared to sample bought from greengrocers down the road on day of comp) Best presented Best lookalike Looks like a nob award (vegetables only)
    Will there be a darkroom?
    There are gent's lavatories Marquis, more than that I cannot promise. That all sounds good Brodiej. If interested participants could get together with Bethy for a chat about it we could all agree on a list of the vegetables that can be entered and the categories. Marrows are a shoo in of course. Perhaps a category for 'Best/Biggest Container Grown Vegetable' would be good for those with only windowsills or balconies to cultivate? Baking will have to be judged on presentation and taste.
    I have to know what a titty muffin is? My mind is boggling.
    yep yep, pop in for a chat 1 evening after easter and we can come up with a plan! we don't need to get everything finalised now, maybe just come up with some potential dates and formats/categories so people can get growing!

when's a good time for everyone? xx
    How about the Tuesday after the Big Wedding weekend?
    Tuesday after the Wedding for us all to have a chat with Bethy?
    Was anything arranged? I have a garden full of blooming fruit, veg and flowers all of which will beat all of yours hands down. Possibly.
    Right then, is everyone still keen? How about a chat with Beth about it next week?
    Our courgettes have just flowered, and I have become a [BigPumpkins.com](http://www.bigpumpkins.com) addict. Bring it on.
    As i didn't see this thread when it started, I'm a bit late with my giant marrows. Can I enter in a category for best photo instead? There always used to be best photo award at the annual fete when I was in the cubs.
    Are any interested parties free to meet and have chat about this on Thursday evening? It would be good to fix a date for our Stroud Green Village Show so that everyone can cultivate their marrows and make sure that their melons are nice and perky. Stapleton, what time suits you?
  • edited June 2011
    Krappy, I reckon that a 'Best Photo' competition would be great. D'you think we could organise a big tug of war in the street outside? @Alex that's just scary!
    Well I'm in meetings in central until 8:30, so could be there for 9. If thats too late, may i suggest a week on wednesday as a good time?