a new inter-zone cpz...apparently

edited April 2011 in Local discussion
weird terminology but it appears the finsbury park CPZ is going to be sub-divided into 3 smaller zones. I remember being consulted on how it was all going but certainly not informed of any decision and can't quite see the need for 3 zones to resolve the issue

Comments

• edited 5:46PM
    aaagghh and I can't get the < > to work...sorry all
  • edited April 2011
    <a href="http://www.hornseyjournal.co.uk/news/travel/haringey_council_clampdown_on_sneaky_finsbury_park_drivers_1_855874">Haringey Council clampdown on sneaky Finsbury Park drivers</a>

tl:dr Council are making inter-zones so you can't move your car around the cpz you live in.

Maybe they should just paint spaces for every resident who owns a car and get to the logical conclusion as soon as possible without all this pissing about?
    'Sneaky' is a totally inappropriate word here. The problem seems to be that a series of regulations have been designed and that people have been obeying those regulations. But they don't work under a scenario the people who designed the regulations didn't think of. A better headline would be "Poorly designed regulations to become even more complex, thanks mostly to inept planning and lack of basic foresight". Councillor Canver said: "The last thing we thought people would do with their cars is drive around in them, and park near places they wanted to go. Who could have predicted that?"
  • RoyRoy
    edited 5:46PM
    I dunno, if I lived near the station and found I could never park my car near my home because all the people who lived at the Crouch Hill end of the CPZ took all the parking places, I'd be pissed off. The point of the CPZ is to allow you to park near your home, surely?
    I don't see a big problem with this. But I would have thought they might have taken the opportunity to remove the match day controls from the zones further from Finsbury Park. They never rejigged for the Highbury-Emirates move, and I doubt anyone parks that far up to go to the Emirates. Unwitting local people on the other hand get stung when they don't realise it's a match day.
    There are plenty of people complaining about the match day restrictions on the CPZ consultation <a href="http://www.haringey.gov.uk/commentsfpexistingva.pdf">here</a>
    (not sure why the council consider a pdf of residents comments to be 'analysis', think it's just 'a list')

Can't find any details of all the changes Haringey made to the parking set up.
    Again, it goes back to the right to park ie. you don't have one. Without provision for parking around stations, where people live, you're always going to get problems. I now wish they'd CPZ the rest of FPR as it suffers displacement from the other zones. Cars are just dumped for long periods - taxed and untaxed. I think there should also be much higher permit prices for multi-car households.
  • AliAli
    edited 5:46PM
    Going to make the school run more interesting at SG school hopefully it will get people out of there cars. It looks like they are CPZing the rest of SG as well. I don't remember any consultation coming through my letter box on this one or was it on one of the notices put up on the lamp posts with a very small font I couldn’t read. Councillors please explain ? It should raise loads of funds for the council seeing they claim they subsidise CPZs at the moment. This was in the same mag the bin news came in