Free pint at The World's End for Tollington Park residents

Comments

• edited 9:36AM
    The World's End is a toilet!
  • R&JR&J
    edited 9:36AM
    That's a bit harsh Think it's a decent pub. Does good food too
    It's a little overpriced, but has a great atmosphere - especially when they have live music. Good range of ales, friendly bar staff, clean and tidy... what's not to like?
    Walked some friends back to the tube on Saturday night and ended up having a scoop in the Railway having heard some irish diddly dee tunes being belted out by a fiddler, guitar, drummer and vocalist. Wouldn't have dreamt of going in normally, but loved it. Felt just like Galway last summer. Don't believe the free pint promotion at the WE.
    It was Free Pint for Ennis Road the other week. Waiting till they get round to our road...
    Not a patch on the White Lion
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AliAli
    The new manager in the WLM is trying hard, with the dinning tables in the window, slightly different mix of people in the place recently. Apparently looking to do some community stuff as well
  • R&JR&J
    @Sevlow Obviously not enough professional winos in the World's End for your liking
    @Misscara Too right, the place has been ruined by the 'new manager' Give him and the stupid new rules 3 months tops!
    @Sevlow - what do the 'new rules' involve?
    @JaneDoe They involve not being able to sit on any of the tables at the front of the pub unless you are eating. (What happens once you have finished eating?????? eh eh??) also you will notice that nobody is allowed to take a drink outside anymore! eh eh eh eh eh!!!!!! Like I say.....3 months, tops!
    I've been in the WLM exactly once. It was a quiet night. We walked in and everyone stared at us. Made me a bit uncomfortable. We left and went straight to the Fullback, where everyone is much too self-absorbed to notice anyone else.

I've never been to the World's End, but if they do free pints for Woodstock Road residents, I might give it a go.
    Don't think I'll be going back!
  • AliAli
    I found it was an improvement a week past Friday and the same on the Saturday night. I was in there at about 9.45 PM and sat at the front windows no problem at all. They did ask that I didn’t drink the bottle of wine I had which I had put on the table. I guess they are trying to get people in who would have been put off by all the red faces that normally sit at the front so they can nip out for a fag or sit outside smoking as well. It definitely seems to have a different crowd at the back, a mix of people in their late twenties and some older couple. Couldn’t get a seat easily (as you used to be able to) so it must be working !
  • R&JR&J
    edited June 2011
    I have to say I didn't mind the WLM too much back when it looked like an actual pub. Nowadays it's just weird and the style of it clashes with the people who drink in it
    @Misscara It'll be back to normal before you know it