Finsbury Park NOISE

edited June 2011 in Local discussion
So the missus and I thought we'd go to the park on Sunday to catch some sun. Walked into the park from the SG Road entrance - lo and behold, the group of twats who sit outside the white brick building banging drums for, I kid you not, nearly 6 hours.

Now, this isn't music. It's just noise. It's an annoyance. It spoils the park experience for many people. You make an effort to stay away from the Seven Sisters Road side of the park because it's noisy and obvs inhaling car fumes isn't most people's idea of fun.

The bongo playing morons are an added inconvenience. I can close my eyes, but not my ears. I could go to another park, but why should I?

Indeed, we could have walked all the way over to the north end of the park to escape the cacophony, but why should we? And anyway, it was still possible to hear the drums from the north side of the park.

If I wanted to listen to a bunch of hippies mindlessly banging on stretched animal skins, I'd go live in a yurt in Somerset or Devon, grow dreadlocks, and not wash for months on end.

This type of crap shouldn't be allowed. It's the equivalent of a teenager on a bus listening to music blaring out of the mobile phone. Except it's not music. It's just noise.

And no, it's not a positive way of bringing together a group of people from the local community and promoting social cohesion. They can do that indoors without forcing it upon people who don't want to take part, don't want to hear, and aren't interested.

Bring on winter.

Comments