Pie and Mash stall Nag's Head

edited July 2011 in Local discussion
not exactly Stroud Green but close enough. I love pie and mash so gonna check it out! article also says they do home delivery. <http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/new_pie_and_mash_stall_opens_in_holloway_1_969453>; anyone tried it yet?

Comments

• edited 12:10PM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Misscara - please report back if you do :)
    Music to my ears. I look forward to trying the pie next week!
    Yippee! Love pie and mash, went walthamstow 2weeks ago and got pie and mash take away from manzes. They filled a plastic bag full of lumpy mash and it was delish! Don't know how hygienic though.
  • KazKaz
    edited 12:10PM
    Re Manzes, not super impressive:
  • RegReg
    edited 12:10PM
    Stumbled across this place today at lunchtime.

Me and her had a single pie and mash with 'liquor' each. It was really good. The pies were both full, meaty and slightly crispy and the mash was exactly as you would hope. £4.50 each.

Would highly recommend.
    I went along today and had pie and mash. The guy asked if I wanted to wait a couple of minutes as he was just about to get a new batch out of the oven, rather than give me one that had been there for a while, which I appreciated.

I opted for gravy rather than liquor. I thought the pie was very tasty, as was the mash and gravy.

@Misscara: as well as the oven, there was a hot cupboard, which hopefully keeps things at the required temperature and he was also checking the temperature of the food with a probe whilst I was there. There was also a big fridge...