[...]

13»

Comments

• RoyRoy
    edited June 2012
    I like the bags - will work well if I forget to put the recycling out one week, I can just put more out the next week (rather than being limited to one box full).  I presume no one is intending to leave bags piled up outside their house all week - I've been putting mine out only the night before bin day.<br><br>I'm from Cambridge, where we've had fortnightly bin collections for ages (as have many, many other places).  I'm afraid the sad fact is that most people can only be persuaded to give a rats arse about recycling if you essentially ration the amound of stuff they can through away.  The solution sucks, but only because most people suck.<br><br>The big problem I see is that we don't have individual black bins, just two shared black bins between three flats.  If the other flats don't do their bit it could get unpleasant.<br><br>roy<br>
  • Of course we're keeping the bags outside. We live in a tiny one-bed flat with no outdoor space. Where the hell else are we supposed to keep them?<br><br>We don't live in the suburbs, where you can keep the bins in the garage and drag them out to the curb the morning of collection.<br>
  • I guess it depends on how much recycling you go through in a week.  I was rather assuming I would just put a second swing bin in the kitchen and line it with one of the green bags - and hoping it would last me the week, when I'd put it outside.  Maybe I'm underestimating...<br><br>roy<br>
  • My parents cope very well with their fortnightly Cambridge collections and personally I'm very happy with my recycling bags. <br>
  • And the big difference between Cambridge and Haringey is that we have weekly recycling collections here (rather than the fortnightly recycling collections that Cambridge and many other places get)<br>
  • Does anyone have the leaflet about the changes to hand?<br><br>I seem to recall that it said that if one didn't have a kitchen caddy one could pick one up from somewhere as an alternative to phoning to have one delivered (and ditto for additional supplies of green bags) - but I can't find that information anywhere on the web site.<br><br>roy<br>
  • I'm not sure if this helps but the number to call on the leaflet is 0208 8885 7700<div><br></div><div>and the email contact is enquiries.haringey@veolia.co.uk</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>The reuse and recycling centre on the leaflet states the below two centres</div><div><br></div><div>35 High Street Hornsey, N8 7QB</div><div><br></div><div>Park View road, Tottenham N17 9AY</div>
  • Thanks Kreuzkav - I was sure I read that one could pick up a kitchen caddy from somewhere, but what you say matches what's on the web site, so I guess must have imagined it.<br><br>roy<br>
  • RoyRoy
    edited July 2012
    Ah, found the leaflet in the pile of paper waiting to be put out for recycling :)<br><br>"Kitchen caddies and outdoor food waste bins are also available to collect from your local Reuse and Recycling Centre."<br><br>Just picked up a kitchen caddy from the Tottehnam recycling centre.<br><br>roy<br><br><br>
  • Recycling collected today. Thursday, the right day for once! It has, for some resdon usually been taken on a Friday. But no sign today of the 2-weekly refuse collection that hitherto has turned up on the right day (every other Thursday). Grrrr ...