Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Stay away from Staypress, or whatever it's called!

edited February 2012 in Local discussion
Hi guys,<br><br>Just wanted to warn you: do not go to the laundry/shoe-repairs shop at the end of Stroud Green Road (a few doors before the Sainsbury's), I think it's called Staypress, but I could be wrong.<br>The guy in there is a rude thief, we are going to report him to the police soon.<br>We took a pair of sandals in last week as we wanted another hole pierced in the strap...we should have probably done it ourselves I know but we thought he might just do a nicer job and were sure it would have taken him 30 seconds max.<br>He said to leave them and pick them up the day after as he was doing something else.<br>Well, when i went there he charged me £5!!!!! And did not give me a receipt either! I looked at the shoes and guess what? He probably did it with a knife and so badly the sandals are now ruined....<br>He was very rude and refused to give me a receipt even after I told him I was going to report him.<br>Anyway, stay away, there are many nicer placed to have your shoes fixed!