Is it very noisy outside the Fallback of an evening?

edited February 2012 in About this site
I'm thinking of buying a place on Perth Road, but it's directly opposite the Faltering Fallback.   I walk/cycle along Woodstock Road most days and in the summer I quite like the noise coming from the roof garden in the evening but maybe living directly opposite would be bad.   I've tried standing outside the pub for a while in the evening, but I can't really get a sense of it.   Anyone live on Perth Road and love it, hate it?

Comments

• Dot I live close and it's no problem. My ex lived very very near the pub and apart from match days it was very peaceful . Chang
  • I don't live in Perth Road, but I do go to the Fullback.<br><br>Personally I've always been amazed that when approaching it on foot you hear really very little and yet get to the garden at the back and find it rammed-full. Must be summat about the acoustics/flora.<br><br>I am glad I don't live on Perth Road. But only because the temptation to go the FF would then be ever-present...
  • edited February 2012
    I think you can hear it more from the back.  It's people hanging around out the front smoking and shouting I'd not be keen on, but I guess you can smoke upstairs anyway.  I know what you mean about wanting to go in there all the time.   I have a bit of a Pavlovian response to bars, when I get a whiff of pub smell, I want/have to have a drink.
  • edited February 2012
    When you say apart from match days @ChangN4N6....?
  • Chang  Have you moved from smelly Lorne Road?
  • Dorothy - can't comment on the noise, but my old boss lived in Perth Road, and had serious problems with subsidence (and had to have the house underpinned twice) - so if you're buying a property there make sure you get a good survey, and find out how much the building insurance is and what excess they impose for such problems.  
  • <P>@dorothy - on the sports events, probably worth going to a few days/nights when there is a big game on to check it out. I do remember two events I was there when it was very rowdy - RWC I think.</P> <P> </P> <P>@Ali - I wish I could move from Lorne, it's no joke dealing  with the smells after a day gutting cats and dogs. . This mild weather is nice but we all know what follows...! My rent runs out in June and then I think I've gotta escape to somewhere less polluted. Those new flats near the station (john Jones ) look nice but they are quite expensive. chang</P>
  • <div style="text-align: left; "><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: small; ">@<;/span><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: small; "> </span><a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/profile/1527/ChangN4N6" style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: small; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; border-image: initial; outline-width: 0px; outline-style: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: bold; vertical-align: baseline; text-decoration: none; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">ChangN4N6</a><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: small; line-height: 27px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">  Less </span><span style="text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 27px;"><font face="Arial" size="2">polluted</font></span><span style="font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial; font-size: small; line-height: 27px; text-align: left; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">? On a busy road with three bus routes chucking out there fumes and noise, I used to live above Hair World. Rarely able to open the window facing SGR, definitely not when watching telly.</span></div>
  • <P>You could rent the new house in Woodstock  between Perth and Oxford  Rd, the one with the plastic windows and doors as it must be very airtight and would keep the smells out - it is £1300 a month</P> <P><A href="http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/16339343?search_identifier=46455103066b1fbad81f32b41cf4d591">http://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/16339343?search_identifier=46455103066b1fbad81f32b41cf4d591</A></P>; <P> </P>
  • @Ali, there aren't any smells around here. Am shocked at what it's being rented out for, and even more shocked at what they wanted before the reduction!
  • That is quite a steep price but it looks like it does the job in terms of windows. Joyce just had a look and promises to get them for our flat to keep the flats free from smells in Lorne . But but but ...when it gets hot what to do without aircon? Chang
  • We looked at a house on Perth Rd. Whilst waiting for the estate agent outside, one of the neighbours flung open the windows and blasted out music reminiscent of Fr Finton Stack in the Fr Ted TV series. That was four years ago though.
  • Thanks for the comments and messages.  People who live there seem to really like it.
  • a quick check of police.uk shows no anti social crime reported in August 2011 or December 2011, as two samples