Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Book club on Thursday 10th May - "The Bloody Chamber and Other Stories" by Angela Carter

edited April 2012 in About this site
Location: Old Dairy<br>Date: 10th May<br>Time: 7pm.<br><br>Following on from our enjoyable meeting about the Pickwick Papers, we decided to go for a much shorter choice this time. 'The Bloody Chamber' is a retelling of classic fairy tales from a feminist perspective. We agreed that everyone should read the title story, and any or all of the others as desired.<br><br>This book is only 126 pages long!<br>

Comments

• Thanks Jenny! Looking forward to it.<br><br>P.S. In case this attracts anyone else to come along: it is dead sexy and full of wolves.<br>
  • dead sexy AND full of wolves, you say? hmmm<br>
  • Yes definitely.  I didn't sell it too well in the intro. These are fairy tales for ADULTS.<br><br>Really enjoying re-reading it - about 15 years since I last did!<br><br>Is it too late to make this post STICKY - or whatever the new equivalent is?  Thanks. <br>
  • (bumpity bump)<br><br>Looking forward to this on Thursday. If anyone wants to borrow the book, I can lend it and you will have time to read it, it is so short!<br><br>My best line: 'Weeping, the Count got off his horse, unfastened his breeches, and thrust his virile member into the dead girl."<br>
  • (please bumpity bump)<br>Is anyone else coming to Book Club on Thursday 10th May?<br>I'll be there! 7pm. <br>
  • yes, i'd like to come please!<br>